PDA

View Full Version : Whats new?

GameWinRAR
22nd August 2009, 07:56 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums, but been a long user of PJ64.

Since there hasn't been an update on the project for about a year, I just wanted to check up on the team, to be sure they aren't dead.

Has anyone heard from any project team :confused:

Since I'm going to donate soon, I just want to be sure it isn't going to waste.

axcc
22nd August 2009, 03:46 PM
it's not a waste of money. the team is around but they have lives too

camy415
22nd August 2009, 04:37 PM
Hi there i am familiar with emulators but not with this one can any one give me reviews or something like it I want to know if I should download the massive file...

squall_leonhart
22nd August 2009, 05:45 PM
massive?.....

Mdkcheatz
22nd August 2009, 06:54 PM
Hi there i am familiar with emulators but not with this one can any one give me reviews or something like it I want to know if I should download the massive file...

Well this is one of the top N64 emus, with all honesty it is worth testing out all commended N64 emus. The file size for this one is not particularly massive compared to other emus I know of. And worse case senario you can delete the "massive" files :)

Review: well just browse the forums for bug reports and make sure you go to the main page and read up on your info. That should give you an idea of what you are looking at here.

For now here is the basic gist of the two current versions:

Version 1.6 (public) is good enough and serves its purpose.
Version 1.7 beta and alpha, although resolve many issue 1.6 has, is much buggier and more of a version for people who want to follow the project's progress, give bug reports, and test any other feature. I do not recommend version 1.7 for someone who wants to play games for the sake of enjoyment.

Hope that helps.

squall_leonhart
23rd August 2009, 02:38 AM
pj64 is smaller then mupen64++