PDA

View Full Version : compatablity of .7zip to .zip conversion of 100MB file

beavisjwoody
23rd August 2009, 10:46 AM
I downloaded some roms in .7zip format and converted them to .zip and they work great except for one, Ocarina of Time. It was the only .7zip file in the bunch that was larger than 100MB, the .zip file is not much smaller than that either. Turok II was 95MB in .7zip format and it works just fine after I converted it to .zip so I don't know what's wrong with Ocarina. I should mention that when I unpack Ocarina to it's full 2GBs I can load the .z64 files and it works. Any thoughts on why the .zip version doesn't work?

beavisjwoody
23rd August 2009, 10:57 AM
I found a solution! but no idea why it worked. I was using winzip to convert the .7zip to .zip but this time I used 7zip itself to do the conversion and the .zip file it produced works! don't know why the winzip zip file was a dud.

squall_leonhart
23rd August 2009, 03:01 PM
Ocarina of time should not be over 32MB. You probably had a multirom archive, which pj64 does not support.

squall_leonhart
23rd August 2009, 03:02 PM
infact, no N64 game should be over 64MB.

beavisjwoody
24th August 2009, 05:37 AM
hmm, yeah I was wondering why there were SO many .z64 files when I unpacked the .7zip There were a bunch of different 32MB files designated (J) or (U) or (hacked) etc... I assumed J was the Japanese version, so...you mean each of those 32MB files is probably some version of the entire game? I could save a lot of space deleting most of those.

squall_leonhart
24th August 2009, 08:14 AM
keep the [U][!] roms, if the game only exists as a [E][!] then keep that instead.

beavisjwoody
24th August 2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks Mate!