PDA

View Full Version : PJ64 1.7beta on Vista?

bennywailer
1st September 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of donating/downloading v1.7. Does this work on Vista?

Thanks

Covarr
2nd September 2009, 10:28 PM
I haven't tried it on Vista, but it works great on Windows 7 RC, which means that it almost certainly runs just as well on Vista.

Darren
10th September 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of donating/downloading v1.7. Does this work on Vista?

Thanks

yes pj64 1.7 also works with vista, but tbh id stick with 1.6 i donated years ago and theyres not an actual BIG improvement.

for example if you think by donating youll get games to be compatible, they wont be some games still dont play on the emu.

but choice is yours.

HatCat
10th September 2009, 06:40 PM
Another reason improvement measure is not overall great is because more currently there are new problems introduced with the beta.

Even though the case may be more extreme here, this idea of course is natural for a beta. Generally a beta is always less stable than the latest version and not necessarily "better" or "worse".

So it's nothing to buy, really. Which if you are "donating" "for" (namely just "to get") the beta, you turn the donation into a price for something, so it may be considered buying.
If the will was to donate just for goodwill or motivating development, statistics on how much longer zilmar and Jabo should continue would be more honest. :P as far as their intended definition

I guess the idea of the crack and leak routine, over so much desire for just the software, really was an offensive surprise.