PDA

View Full Version : Controler files

Mr Slayer
6th October 2008, 09:33 PM
i have put together some controler files for you to enjoy

normal.cpf is what i use with most games

f-zero.cpf is exactly the same but the L and Z buttons are swapped around so its easier to do the strafing thing (dont know what they call it) and its probably also good for Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) and some other games.

PD.cpf is good for perfect dark and goldeneye and uses the mouse, I'll explain the controls;

(note: in Perfect dark set the ingame controls to 1.2 and turn invert y axis off, you will also need to set the ingame controls in goldeneye)

The brackets are the n64 controls

Mouse (analog stick) - look around

Left click (Z) - fire

Right click (A) - switch weapons

W/up (D-pad up/C up) - forwards

S/down (D-pad down/C down) - backwards

A/left (D-pad left/C left) - strafe left

D/right (D-pad right/C right) - strafe right

shift/ctrl (L/R) - aiming mode (works realy bad with the mouse)

R (B) - action (you might want to set the B button to E instead of R, i have it as R cos thats what im used to in star wars jka)

enter (start) - pause

Feel free to comment and/or make requests.
I hardly visit these forums so you may need to email requests
I also have a logitech Wingman Rumblepad for those of you with usb controler requests

Hyperchicken
8th October 2008, 05:29 AM
hey there!

I played with your perfect dark/goldeneye control set and most of it works fine expect for the aim (as you have mentioned), and possibly other small things.
Have a go with the config i've uploaded, very similar to yours, with a few buttons changed around and aim is controlled correctly :)
Ive also added a few perks to suit the controls of modern fps such as scrolling for changing weapons back and forth, etc.

controls:
Fire/Menu Select: Mouse Left
Reload/Menu Back/Action (open doors etc): Mouse Right and R
Aim: E
Walk Forward/menu up: W
Strafe left/menu left: A
Walk backwards/menu down: S
Strafe Right/menu right: D
Perfect Dark weapons menu: hold middle mouse button
Pause/Start: Enter

Have a go at my config and see what you think ;)

Works on N-Rage Controller plugin (latest)

FLuRReH
22nd October 2008, 04:23 PM
how the hell do i use them, kinda nwe in this area...

Mr Slayer
29th October 2008, 07:00 PM
Click the options tab, click "Configure controller plugin...", click the "Load profile" button (its near the short cuts tab).

btw Hyperchicken, your profiles good

anthony300k
26th December 2008, 10:20 PM
how do i load da controls? it doesnt show up ...i put it in a folder with my roms

raevva
9th April 2010, 06:11 PM
Hmmm. Im playing Goldeneye with Project 64 v1.6, N-rage... v 1.83.

I've been trying to get the controllers to work, but whatever i do the mouse and keyboard get switched.

I want the mouse to only look around and the keyboard keys to be the ones making Bond walk around.

Ive been trying everyones cpf files, but still the mouse is making bond walk around and look around, the keyboard keys only look around.

Help?

Im not familiar with any of these programs so please, step by step. Thank you. (PS! last time i got this right, which was clearly a lucky strike, was 3 years ago. Now, when downloading and using over 2 hours on the controls, i dont get anything right.)

Old thread, yeah. Get it.

Mr Slayer
12th April 2010, 04:19 AM
After loading the controller settings, load up Goldeneye, and go into Goldeneyes controller options (not the emulators) and set it for the second option which if I remember is called 1.2 (At least thats what it called in Perfect Dark) You will also need to set it in multiplayer when you use multiplayer.

And I think you can't uninvert the controlls in Goldeneye so you might need to swap the up and down analog stick controls in the emulator.

zombiebeau
22nd September 2010, 07:12 AM
OMG! Thankyou Hyperchicken! Excellent settings, feels exactly like Counterstrike now!

Thanks this has been driving me nuts for the last 2 hours.

Greatest FPS ever with greatest control setup ever :D

Oh just a note to other people, you have to uncheck Reverse Pitch on the in-game controls as well as changing it to 1.2.

Thanks again bro

HP19
13th January 2011, 04:15 AM
How do i load ur star fox controls. it only lets me choose from my saved .jsf files i configured.

HatCat
13th January 2011, 04:17 AM
I think the config is only for N-Rage's DirectInput, which means they won't load on Jabo's DirectInput.

HP19
13th January 2011, 04:24 AM
I changed them to jsf but now whenever i load them it causes pj64 to have to close

dsx_
13th January 2011, 04:25 AM
learn to read.

HatCat
13th January 2011, 04:33 AM
JSF file format is defined by the file rather than the extension, so it would have to be re-created using Jabo's to work.

Natch
13th January 2011, 02:44 PM
Aaah that'd be nice.... .txt? *delete* .pdf! Now I'm profeshiyunal!

HatCat
13th January 2011, 07:51 PM
I forgot there's a feature in N-Rage's that lets you convert controller profile settings to a PDF document.

fuckinnigger
20th June 2011, 09:47 AM
uhhh slayer? i used to go to school with david lombarto's son in middle school. cool kid. enewayz/.. your message and links are the best.. plus slayer's the best soo. your cool dude :) HAHA

dsx_
20th June 2011, 01:02 PM
spam delete plz

Natch
20th June 2011, 05:49 PM
???? okay.................. that was weeerd

HatCat
21st June 2011, 02:53 AM
Person is having warm and cuddly feelings for this thread.

Natch
21st June 2011, 02:56 AM
Go get a pillow pet you pansy.

lol k XD

HatCat
21st June 2011, 03:19 AM
uhhh slayer? i used to go to school with david lombarto's son in middle school. cool kid. enewayz/.. your message and links are the best.. plus slayer's the best soo. your cool dude :) HAHA

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/rswedlo/rgbacymk.png

Natch
21st June 2011, 03:18 PM
Hmm, where's the picture that I made off of that.......

error: picture cannot be found

HatCat
21st June 2011, 10:27 PM
It was nowhere near as awesome as the original, so it's probably lost in the middle of some dead thread at this point lol. maybe that nice weather one

Natch
21st June 2011, 10:32 PM
meh, it looked like a cave :D

HatCat
21st June 2011, 10:50 PM
Really, cause I thought it bore a striking resemblance to a *insert user name of the person who revived this thread so mysteriously*

Natch
21st June 2011, 11:18 PM
yes, that was his pie-hole.

HatCat
21st June 2011, 11:22 PM
What's a pie-hole? Is that Southern language for a mouth XD?

Natch
21st June 2011, 11:23 PM
shut it. http://www

no really, we need to stop spamming this.

HatCat
21st June 2011, 11:24 PM
Not my problem. The moment days ago that a moderator wasn't around to treat the spammy revival to this thread, neither of you guys bothered saying anything on-topic to the thread to distract from his spam post XD. So even if I was posting on-topic it would all get deleted either way.

I really don't care who's mod here and who's not, but apparently zilmar somehow has a problem with having reinforcement.

suburbanites
4th April 2014, 06:07 PM
can someone help me out with configuring a wingman rumble pad to play conkers bad fur day sorry im new here and im having trouble figuring this out :p

b4rb0s4
9th November 2014, 08:28 PM
I can't get these controls working. They seem to be on the wrong format.

maltebyte
31st January 2016, 07:41 PM
Works fine thanks! Is there a way to disable the mouse it appears ingame and is just irritating me?

BigBH
19th November 2016, 03:32 PM
when i try to load the profile for your mods, it says

N-Rage Input V2 Warning
couldn't read profile.

please help.

megamanite10
20th November 2016, 07:30 AM
so I extracted the both th PD and mouseGEPD cpfs and both won't open for me i'm no sure if it's the fact i'm using the latest version

₣ỮРΔ_ŁŘĐ
14th May 2017, 01:23 PM
so I extracted the both th PD and mouseGEPD cpfs and both won't open for me i'm no sure if it's the fact i'm using the latest version

I'm having the same issue mate :(

Frank74
14th May 2017, 02:27 PM
You need to use older NRage version 1.83 to load these cpf's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gzo6o8bup9zcjt/NRage_Input_V1.83_V2.3b.zip?dl=1