PDA

View Full Version : How do i get more games for project64

djbikakis
9th September 2009, 11:08 PM
i have played all the games when you first download project64, but how do you get other games.

spencerhasty05
20th September 2009, 04:34 AM
i was wondering thet 2:confused::(

Mdkcheatz
22nd September 2009, 05:03 PM
i have played all the games when you first download project64, but how do you get other games.

Ebay sells a vast collection of games.

doctorwho737
23rd September 2009, 06:54 AM
I just got P64 yesterday and have found just about everything I could want from a simple Google search. Not trying to be rude, just saying.:)

If you can, you may want to use a tool like Mcafee site adviser, it helps you steer clear of any 'unwelcome' websites, if you get my meaning. It takes away any nasty surprises you might come across from bad websites and the files they can host. There is even a nifty add on for it if you use Firefox.

Emmett
24th September 2009, 06:51 PM
I wasn't aware that project 64 came with games. However, the most legally accepted way would be to buy the actual game, then buy a piece of hardware that allows you to back the game up to your computer, then use that backup in project 64. However, many people will argue that if you already own the game, then downloading a rom from a pirating site, while illegal, will not merit a lawsuit, or if it does, that the court will support the downloader since he/she actually owns a legit copy. I am not aware of any current or past lawsuits that address this particular issue, so proceed at your own risk. And there may indeed be some lawsuits out there if you wish to look it up.

HatCat
24th September 2009, 10:27 PM
It doesn't come with games, but that's no reason for them to be so optimistic against how others feel.

Thanks again for all that info.

doctorwho737
25th September 2009, 04:46 AM
My guess would be that the original poster got his copy of P64 from a torrent site or some such where it was bundled with ROMs, and that is why he said it 'comes with games'. :)

Emmett
25th September 2009, 05:44 AM
My guess would be that the original poster got his copy of P64 from a torrent site or some such where it was bundled with ROMs, and that is why he said it 'comes with games'. :)

In that case, perhaps tho OP should be asking how to get rid of viruses instead of looking for more games! Lol.

doctorwho737
25th September 2009, 05:52 AM
In that case, perhaps tho OP should be asking how to get rid of viruses instead of looking for more games! Lol.

Very possible, the internet is a jungle. There is treasure in them there hills, but lots of nastys along the way as well if you are not careful.:D

That is why I like to get any EXE file from a site I trust and if possible the original source for open source stuff such as Open Office or indeed P64...

Emmett
25th September 2009, 05:50 PM
doctorwho737....

As long as you're not running 64bit windows, check out sandboxie.com

It may help ;)

doctorwho737
29th September 2009, 12:45 AM
doctorwho737....

As long as you're not running 64bit windows, check out sandboxie.com

It may help ;)

That is actually a pretty cool app, thanks!

Emmett
29th September 2009, 03:09 AM
Np! I ALWAYS use it when I'm on windows, although I'm a poweruser and find ways to use the program above and beyond standard internet browsing! However, most of the time I'm on a mac. It's funny, I feel less secure on a mac than on windows simply b/c of that program. In all honesty I probably really am less secure!