PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Controller Set up! HELP!

Akuryou
12th September 2009, 08:12 PM
OK!

SO I've heard many times that I can just plug and play my controller. I have a Play and charge kit XBOX 360 controller, and it has a USB end to one of the cords. Alright, so I pull it into my computer after spending an hour trying to figure out how to get it to work. Apparently I can just 'plug and play'

Well, this is not the case, as i plugged in, installed driver software, and then, nothing. The controller won't even show up in the Control Panel section of my computer. I have an Vista laptop.

Also, I tried going to Device Management and uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong!? What is going on here!? Shouldn't this be easier than it is!!??

markman12
13th September 2009, 03:51 AM
I have a XBOX360 controller too, but i haved no problems making it works. i used it on winxp, vista and seven rc. You just need the software that microsoft provides: http://www.filefront.com/9425833/Xbox360_32Eng.exe. This is for 32bit systems.

Then you just need to configure the controller plugin on the emulator. select the pad and configure the buttons.

Emmett
13th September 2009, 09:11 AM
You cannot use the plug and play charge kit to connect to your computer.
The plug an play charge kit provides power to your controller: the controller is still connecting through wireless.
So, if you want to connect a wireless xbox360 controller to your computer, you must purchase a wireless receiver made for that exact purpose. Walmart used to have them, but I think they quit carrying them. I'd check at best buy.