PDA

View Full Version : Not Working Anymore

choco
13th September 2009, 12:23 AM
With Super Mario64 and Banjo Tooie it says while processing graphics data an exception occured I have tried resetting and turning off the cheats and it still keeps doing it. Also, they were working a couple of days before but then it just stopped working.

Could this be because it's a bad ROM?

Also next to the name 'Banjo Tooie' instead of having a (U) it has an (A)?

HatCat
13th September 2009, 12:25 AM
How do you see that the games are not working?
Is it just like a black screen eternally from the start? Do you get an error message after a while of successful play? etc.

choco
13th September 2009, 12:29 AM
Well at the start of banjo tooie(the very start when it has the nintendo sign) a message pops up saying 'when processing graphics data an exception occured'.

choco
13th September 2009, 12:31 AM
This normally happens when theres a lot of movement, in Super Mario64 when you talk to someone it also comes up.

HatCat
13th September 2009, 12:37 AM
And you made sure all cheats were disabled right?
since even immediately upon restart codes can be remembered if elected

So like hit Ctrl+C where all of those are off.
I know for Banjo-Tooie in particular you can get that exact error message immediately if certain cheats are on.

Another thing you can try is to switch to the Direct3D6 1.5.2 plug-in.
To change graphics plug-ins, check the default tab resulting from when you choose "Settings..." from the "Options" menu in Project64 1.6.

The last thing I can guess is yeah bad ROM, though that's not as common as people accuse.
However you got the copies of the games, retrieve them somehow; change the resource as to how you get them in some way.

choco
13th September 2009, 12:41 AM
When I went to the cheats I pressed the 'Unmark all' Button. But Ill try that graphics thingy.

choco
13th September 2009, 12:43 AM
The Graphic change has worked so far thnx heaps!
Also, can I turn the cheats back on?

HatCat
13th September 2009, 12:54 AM
If you turn them on and avoid saving except naturally as the game commands, after you have turned them back off, you should be good in many cases.

I am also [not too] surprised that the plug-in switch seems to have fixed it, though GPU is the source for deeming GFX access violations. This hasn't been documented on the support site, but Smiff was always emphasizing away from the third-party anyway. Looking out for us you know. :P

choco
13th September 2009, 01:05 AM
Also, do you know how to make the infinite energy and air cheats work for Banjo-Tooie? I've truned them on.

HatCat
13th September 2009, 01:51 AM
If the cheats are activated Banjo should not be limited in time spent underwater. Infinite energy means you don't lose health.

Do you mean that these things aren't happening?

choco
18th September 2009, 08:34 AM
well they kinda work. I get hit and lose health except I have full honeycombs, Im not invincible but I have max health. If that makes any sense.

choco
18th September 2009, 08:39 AM
It's ok it works now, thnx anyway. Maybe you can help with my other question in the other thread.