PDA

View Full Version : N64 Sound Ripper (help)

kyogre123
17th September 2009, 04:25 AM
Hello everyone, i'm looking for a tool which be able to rip / extract / unpack / uncompress sound files from a n64 rom, i'm trying it with a pokemon stadium 2 rom which has a z64 extension, i have searched in google over and over and i only found a program "srip.exe" i think i's called n64 sound ripper, but it does not work with this rom, so if anyone knows any other application to do this please let me know, it's kind of annoying because it is possible to do for nds roms using VGM Trans, but not for n64, i just want to get the sound effects, not the music.

I also cannot find a tool to uncompress the whole rom, maybe it would help, but I just can't find neither of them.

Well, if anyone knows about a program or have made a program, please let me know

HatCat
17th September 2009, 07:11 PM
You could log as PCM WAV or just follow an invented format like USF.
http://hcs64.com/usf/

They have forums that have more information on the processes of how you yourself can rip in the USF format.

I'm interested in other ways myself, though; I'll check out SRIP.

HatCat
18th September 2009, 02:50 AM
Your pattern of checking back suggests you could use more answers.

I checked out SRIP. The software is more titled, "N64 Sound Bank Ripper".
This may not have worked for your game if there are compression / unique formatting schemes used in sound memory.
It does depend on the game you're using. I suggest reading the readmes for some physical understanding of the searching process.

There is something else from Dextrose you might not have found?
Search for "Sound Lib Extractor".

Any persistent compression results will need advance research, which currently neither of us are capable of. Feel free to ask around at HCS forum.

kyogre123
18th September 2009, 02:48 PM
Your pattern of checking back suggests you could use more answers.

I checked out SRIP. The software is more titled, "N64 Sound Bank Ripper".
This may not have worked for your game if there are compression / unique formatting schemes used in sound memory.
It does depend on the game you're using. I suggest reading the readmes for some physical understanding of the searching process.

There is something else from Dextrose you might not have found?
Search for "Sound Lib Extractor".

Any persistent compression results will need advance research, which currently neither of us are capable of. Feel free to ask around at HCS forum.

Well, i think it has to be the same, it just may be an special wav audio readable for n64, but i just don't know, it's just an 0.1 version, so failures are very expected to occur.

And yes, about those Dextrose tools, i can't download them, because that page is dead, i found them, but not for download =\

HatCat
19th September 2009, 12:33 AM
Version 0.1 is stable. Those "failures" are due to the compression in the game.
Sometimes those schemes are done just to intentionally steer away from this sort of thing.

"N64 Sound Bank Ripper" and "Sound Lib Extractor" are two different utilities though. I have been using both now.

kyogre123
21st September 2009, 01:11 AM
Version 0.1 is stable. Those "failures" are due to the compression in the game.
Sometimes those schemes are done just to intentionally steer away from this sort of thing.

"N64 Sound Bank Ripper" and "Sound Lib Extractor" are two different utilities though. I have been using both now.

Well, then could you send me the "sound lib extractor" to test it with the rom?

HatCat
21st September 2009, 05:27 AM
I found a backup from a bundle, though I have no way of knowing if it is the full archive.

It obviously is the latest known version 0.9, though.

Attachment.

LtSurge
28th August 2010, 03:28 PM
I found a backup from a bundle, though I have no way of knowing if it is the full archive.

It obviously is the latest known version 0.9, though.

Attachment.

Incompatible with .z64 files. An error occurs via dialogue box in some language I don't know.

HatCat
29th August 2010, 03:40 AM
There is no incompatibility with Z64.

The error could have been about anything else.

Hero of Legend
3rd April 2011, 03:37 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I too am having issues ripping the cries from Stadium 2, I just tried the Lib Extractor as well, and it just gives me a "No sound bank was found!" message. :(

Surely there's SOMEWAY to accomplish this?

Natch
3rd April 2011, 09:17 PM
You could use Audacity, and hope that the dude doesn't talk over you.

Actually, I thought there was a sound logger, in the audio settings or something, I dunno.

Hero of Legend
3rd April 2011, 11:13 PM
I can turn the announcer off in the options, that's not the problem.

Plan B would be to disable the music (and the crowd noise unless some stadiums lack them, I'm not sure).

So that's another option... so how would I disable music?

Natch
3rd April 2011, 11:21 PM
uh..... I'm sure there's programs out there (freeware or not :/) that can tae apart a music sample to reveal the different tracks that are put into it, but I wouldn't be able to point you to any at the moment.

HatCat
4th April 2011, 03:24 AM
Well it doesn't work that way exactly.

Quite a few games where the sound ripper utility doesn't work because of advanced implementation by the big N.

You can still use things like the pre-recorder or audio log in Jabo's DirectSound when you disable the music, which I imagine there is a GameShark code that will let you customize the music to do that. I haven't found one yet offhand these spare minutes. Might wanna search online.

IkaMusumeFan06
2nd May 2016, 06:20 PM
Extracting Doraemon - Nobita to Mittsu no Seireiseki Soundtrack?