PDA

View Full Version : Beetle Adventure Racing does not work anymore

legend
7th October 2008, 05:44 AM
Recompiler issue on the latest beta causes a crash once gameplay is entered in this game. Must use Interpreter (slow) until this is fixed.

Smiff_
7th October 2008, 05:48 AM
thanks, added to this bug:
http://bug.pj64-emu.com/view.php?id=96

can anyone confirm these are also still broken on recompiler?

Excitebike64
CBFD some reports of crash after Nintendo logo, unconfirmed.
JFG crashes in intro

thanks!

legend
7th October 2008, 06:18 AM
CBFD and Excitebike are perfectly playable for me, using your tweaked RDB incorporating safer self mod methods.

Smiff_
7th October 2008, 06:39 AM
oh ok.. but no settings fix Beetle Racing then?

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 06:12 PM
Conkers bad fur day - Recompiler crash when starting the game with a mempak inserted in Jabo/Nrage plugins. Also occurs with the transferpak on Nrage. (Rumblepak/no pak is perfectly fine)

JFG - Recompiler crash during new game intro, right when Vela accesses the computer terminal.

All Games = Error during cart initialisation when you change the controller plugin without restarting the emulator. (mainly when switching from Jabo to Nrage), also occurs when editing options in the nrage plugin. Since it doesn't occur in 1.6 its probably a bug in 1.7's reading of third party ini files.

Recompiler errors are also noted in Blast corps 1.1, but not 1.0. This is noted in the gamefaq i believe.

zilmar
7th October 2008, 07:19 PM
JFG - Recompiler crash during new game intro, right when Vela accesses the computer terminal.

I know JFG has some more issues with self mod code. Changing to protected memory will fix the issue but makes the game unplayable. I wanted to do more work on this .. but it does not look like it will get in to build 50. Most likely I will try to get this game fixed and running well on build 51.

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 07:32 PM
Well, most of us are way past the intro anyway, and it works perfectly fine after the intro scene. It'd only be a real problem for the odd JFG newbie.

Smiff_
9th October 2008, 07:03 AM
All Games = Error during cart initialisation when you change the controller plugin without restarting the emulator. (mainly when switching from Jabo to Nrage), also occurs when editing options in the nrage plugin.

this needs a new bug filed, doesn't it?

squall_leonhart
9th October 2008, 12:55 PM
this needs a new bug filed, doesn't it?

most likely, i can't remember if its an allocation exception or a recompiler exception...