PDA

View Full Version : Can't move up or down on menus Part 2!

jamesearljones3
21st September 2009, 08:20 PM
I also am having issues with the certain rom's menu screens.

I can play Paper Mario, Mario 64, Majora's Mask, etc. all fine, but certain sports roms give me serious issues.

Whenever I load Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest, FIFA road to world cup 98 and many other EA sports roms, I cannot scroll down on the menu screen. It is as if someone is constantly pushing up on the controller even when I am not touching it. Once I fight my way through the menu... the game is fine and all the controls work great.

I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue or any suggestiosn as to what i can to do fix the problem. i have already changed the controller settings on multiple occasions, and even used keyboard settings to no avail.

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Thanks!

HatCat
21st September 2009, 09:31 PM
Well first the controller issue,
I know a few games that use the N64 digital pad but not the analog stick in places. Basically to navigate those parts even when not emulating we can't use the control stick, but we have to use the gray directional pad at the top-left.

Most games don't do this. In case you find places where this is done, have you also tried configuring controller settings to use the Digital Pad rather than Analog Stick?