PDA

View Full Version : Graphics optimization with newer cards?

SLX
23rd September 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm running on a Geforce 8600 GT, and I notice that PJ64 runs no better with it than when I had a Geforce MX 440. Also, the pixel shader combiner type doesnt seem to run very well (Mudlord's Rice 6.1.4)

Does PJ64 offload the majority of its work to the cpu or gpu? and if its the former, is there a way to offload to the gpu instead?

I can play games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Crysis on at least high settings with very little lag, and even Crysis using Directx 10 graphics with tweaks (I'm an XP 32 bit user), yet project 64 seems to still bring my computer to its knees for a decent framerate even when all graphical settings are left to the defaults.

Are there any optimizations or graphic settings that I could use to get optimal performance?

Other specs: Pentium 3 848 mhz with 512 Ram (Unfortunately, however I'll be upgrading as soon as i get my tuition refund check.)

squall_leonhart
23rd September 2009, 03:12 PM
use glide64 or 1964video

SLX
23rd September 2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks, but that's not much of a solution considering I use hi res textures, mostly with No Mercy. (Ex NMZ member and arena modder)

What are some other plugins with hires texture support?

squall_leonhart
23rd September 2009, 05:36 PM
:rolleyes: Glide64 and 1964video duh.

HatCat
24th September 2009, 12:40 AM
with 1964video being another newer version of RiceVideo

I think finding any plug-in at all to fix your speed issue would give more information.
if you want to go through those steps