PDA

View Full Version : Coverflow

Zack
7th October 2008, 12:42 PM
I have said this before but :p

I think coverflow would be sweet. For legal issues the covers would not be supplied with Project64.

This is how it would work.

coverflow.ini <- has game name and underneath boxart file name ie. "super_mario64.png".

There is a subdirectory called "boxart" or "coverflow". All your game boxart goes into it.

On startup project64 resizes all the boxart to a configurable size (via options menu) using coverflow is also turned on and off via the menu.

I know there are third party shells that do this, but having it actually in the emulator would be cool.

Thanks and keep up the great work !

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 06:36 PM
you mean like Jnes?

its a possibility....

zilmar
7th October 2008, 07:32 PM
I have no issues with this feature...

Just not planning to work on the rom browser for a while. Maybe when I get back to that it will be added. So it might find its way in to the emu eventually before it goes public. But do not expect it even likely in the next 6 months.

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 07:47 PM
Zilmar, you know we don't expect anything, well.. most of us anyway. All we care about is that you work at your own pace, because then the end result will be much better in the long run.

Zack
7th October 2008, 11:24 PM
I have no issues with this feature...

Just not planning to work on the rom browser for a while. Maybe when I get back to that it will be added. So it might find its way in to the emu eventually before it goes public. But do not expect it even likely in the next 6 months.

Awesome, I don't mind waiting :)

Zilmar, you know we don't expect anything, well.. most of us anyway. All we care about is that you work at your own pace, because then the end result will be much better in the long run.

Agreed ;)