PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Pilotwings64

Lowlife
7th October 2008, 07:49 PM
Hello everybody.
First of all sorry for my bad english.I hope you dont mind.

Here is my Problem.If I try to run Pilowings64 (it doesnt matter wich version (U)! , (E)! etc)
in different moments (for example the screen for the Charakterchoice) the framerate goes down to about 30fps and the sound slows down ,too.

The Gameplay is still OK but after a few minutes of gaming Pilotwings goes down compleatly.

I am using the 1.6version on Vista with the default plugins (jabo's)

Is it a known Problem or do I have to switch sth. in the configuration?
(for example ocarina of time runs perfect :-/)

Thx for help an a nice evening everybody!

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 07:56 PM
what are your system specifications?

Lowlife
7th October 2008, 08:16 PM
Hmm let me see.Im using a Toshibanotebook withe a Pentium dualcore 1,46ghz
2048mb DDR2 ram and Intel® GMA X3100 onboard graphics.

On the emulator I use Jabos plugin.I tried different settings there but it was always the same problem.

squall_leonhart
7th October 2008, 08:23 PM
try using the Jabo Dx6 video plugin, or download the latest drivers for the Intel GMA.

Lowlife
7th October 2008, 08:36 PM
I tried both but its still the same.I dont know whats wrong.
Its strange because other Games work perfect.
Are there other solutions?

Thx a lot

HatCat
7th October 2008, 11:13 PM
Try using the basic CFB plugin and the No Sound plugin together. The demonstration plugins like the first are preserved on ngemu. Download zilmar's basic CFB plugin to "Project64\PLUGIN" and switch to that.
http://www.ngemu.com/n64/plugins.php?cat=3&os=win32

Before starting the game also download this RDB file for Project64. It's an update in cases but also fixes bad manual tweaks for game configurations.
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/updates/

Lowlife
8th October 2008, 08:58 AM
Hey I tried the CFB-Plugin.But with it there was not even a single screen when I started it.

But thx for the idea.Probably there was a chance my Pilotwings could work.:(

HatCat
9th October 2008, 12:32 AM
Test glN64.

The idea is to see why the speed drop occurs: Is it Project64 or your system?

Lowlife
9th October 2008, 09:17 AM
Ok I tried with the gln64 plugin and its even worse.Now I've got 30fps all the time, not just in some screens like with jabos plugin.

HatCat
11th October 2008, 01:49 AM
If the speed is constant that means first that one area was slow probably because of your graphics drivers interacting with your DirectX software. glN64 uses OpenGL.

It is noteworthy that the most supported graphics processing cards are NVIDIA GeForce and ATI Radeon. Intel's had a lot of reception, but a few sources imply you're fine in comparison. A large majority of the time all other cards are the cause of the many issues in emulating games.