PDA

View Full Version : 1.7 issues with windows 7

rfowler30
10th October 2009, 02:04 PM
hi, im having issues with windows 7 with project 64 1.7 46 binaries with glide 64 WX plugin and djipi final cell mod for high resolution textures. I just downloaded the final windows 7 home premium from a torrent(before you rip on me, know that I have already paid for my home premium x64bit and am Waiting to download it. I was just getting really frustrated with vista and couldnt stand it ne more. also note i have not hacked and activated it). Now every time I try to start pj 64 1.7 the textures are almost done loading there just above the 7000th one and then all the sudden it says failed to allocate memory. my system specs are as following

windows 7 x64
Core i7 920 oc 3.7ghz
3gb ddr3 1600mhz
HD 5870 GDDR5 1gb
Asus rampage II Extreme

ne Ideas why this is happening, my system specs are beyond the required yet it cannot allocate memory for it?

side note: I don't know who to contact about this but I just wanted to say I just went from vista to windows 7 and I am plan on doing a complete reinstall again for it octo 22nd. i read in one of the forums after downloading it on so many systems, it dosnt let you use it anymore. just wanted to let the ppl in charge of distributing pj64 1.7 this so I don't run into that in the future

Never mind, I figured out I had two of pj64 1.7 open at the same time, windows 7 dosnt display the applications horizontalling like they use to. rather there grouped into the same catagory and when your mouse is on that, it shows you vertically how many of that you have open my bad. sorry about all that.

Paradome
21st December 2009, 04:09 AM
I can run "Project 64 1.7.0.55" on windows 7.
But when I load any rom it just crashes, everytime.

it says;

"Project 64 has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem..."

But it always fails..

Can someone please help me out of this problem? :)

squall_leonhart
21st December 2009, 04:04 PM
No, sorry we can't, because you are using a hacked version of a non public pj64 beta.

Paradome
21st December 2009, 10:56 PM
ok, then I know why. Is there any stabile version of PJ 64 to run on windows 7?

Almamu
30th December 2009, 02:00 PM
Try to Start it as Administrator and/or move it to your Desktop or your Documents folder. Im using it on my Windows 7 with no problems.