PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting issue

Twentythree
13th October 2009, 03:31 PM
I recently downloaded proj64 and my controller just disappeared.
So I was about to sit down and enjoy some old school harvest moon 64 this morning. I load it up and my computer crashes (unrelated, I have a piece of shit geforce 8800gts. its cooked itself retarded). I restart and do all the usual motions then I load up Harvest Moon again. My wired 360 controller doesn't work.
I open up input and I get this shit. http://i35.tinypic.com/2rxfxxf.jpg
No controller...
I checked nineteen64, zsnes and a few other emulators and none will register my controller. But actual games (tested NeedforSpeed:Shift,Fifa10) it works just fine.

What the hell just happened, someone please help!

Truth Unknown
14th October 2009, 03:07 AM
EDIT: This looks like a DirectInput problem so update your DirectX installation first.

Check in the Game Controller control panel in windows and see if the device appears there. If its not there, check the Device Manager. If you still have problems consult the appropriate hardware support options as this is way beyond what PJ64 and any other emulator does.

Twentythree
14th October 2009, 08:11 AM
Thank you. I had no idea where to turn with this problem and I realize you could have just bitched about this being in the wrong forum. I (honestly) tried googling it but I didn't know wtf was going on enough to have a clue.

Thanks I'll leave this thread be now.