PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time Crash

xandochu
9th October 2008, 12:20 AM
Hey, I've been playing a few different ROMS on PJ64, and lately I've been playing Legend of Zelda:OoT, and for some reason it crashes (Blue screen/restart/recent file deletion) right after I beat Phantom Ganon in the forest temple.

I know it's not the ROM, cause I've tried three or four of them. So I'm wondering if it's the Emulator, or just my computer, And if anyone else has had this problem.

HatCat
9th October 2008, 12:39 AM
Press F5 before the crash and upload the PJ.ZIP file named after the game from PROJEC~1\SAVE to filesend.net.

I'll test it on my system and determine the cause.

Smiff_
9th October 2008, 01:11 AM
PJ v1.0-v1.6 the self-mod was not 100% solid for Zelda.. you can usually get around the rare crashes by making a native save (in the game menu) and loading (in the game menu). then overwrite your bad state with a new one.

(this should be fixed in 1.7)

zilmar
9th October 2008, 01:40 AM
(Blue screen/restart/recent file deletion)

If you are talking about the blue screen of death these are usually caused by drivers. Most likely in this case a video card driver.

HatCat
9th October 2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah I wasn't used to reading "blue screen"; I'd have thought it useful to see around the exact point it happened if it was consistent. He might have only tested it once then.

I know a while ago I reloaded a save state to fight phantom Ganon several times and never had a crash, so it does seem fixed in Smiff's terms for the beta versions.

Smiff_
9th October 2008, 02:08 AM
good point, i missed that - "it" is your PC not PJ. then video driver doesn't like something video plugin is doing at this point.. try different video drivers or different video plugin to get around this point.

squall_leonhart
9th October 2008, 02:43 AM
Could be bad ram as well, since every driver is loaded, executed and modified in memory.

xandochu
10th October 2008, 02:08 AM
Thank you everyone.
I figured it might be the computer, and now I know for sure that I need a new video card.

I'mma go bug my parents to take my computer in to get one now~ <3

LegendaryLvl1
10th October 2008, 04:15 AM
I've had the same problem with my oot roms.
My problem was that the rom itself and pj64 vrsion 1.6 couldnt cooperate with my vista home system.

Try installing pj64 and playing the rom on any other computer.

If it works... well then its your computers fault.

chriztr
10th October 2008, 05:19 PM
I don't have any problem with PJ64 1.6 on Vista.
Read your BSoD and solve your problem from there