PDA

View Full Version : GBC Emulation

Unlucky_Owl
14th October 2008, 01:46 PM
I'm looking for a working GBC emulator for PC where I can link pokemon gold and pokemon silver together on the one pc and trade between the two. I have tried TGB Duel but when linked it only loads the 1st Gameboys save file and not the seconds making it useless.

My girlfriend and I are playing the games (me for nostalgia and her for the first time) and wish to trade to complete pokedexs and then battle on Pokemon Stadium 2 through Project 64. We can load the saves fine in P64 that is no problem.

So in short, looking for a GBC emulator to trade pokemon between two different versions while loading the saves. Any help would be great.

fridgey
15th October 2008, 03:49 AM
Did you try VBALink? It's visual boy advance with added link cable support, can't recall if the link works for gb/c games or not...

Unlucky_Owl
15th October 2008, 01:18 PM
Finally got TGB Duel to work, I had to put both the roms and the sav files in the same folder and then change the game that was on the gb2 to .sa2 instead of .sav. Got it working and the girlfriend loves her new golem.

squall_leonhart
18th October 2008, 07:39 AM
use no$gb next time, alot easier.

As for linking, thats not necessary except for evolving some forms of pokemon, you can just rename the "gold".sav to "silver".sav and load the gold save file in pokemon silver.

As for VBA-Link, no, it only supports linking for GBA games, and only a few at that.