PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Squadron will works?

Magnio
15th October 2008, 06:20 PM
Hello!

First, sorry for my english but I'm french and it's not easy for me...:confused:
Next, sorry if the question has ever been posed in the forum, but Rogue Squadron will works or not with PJ64 1.7?

Bye and congratulations at all for your works, PJ64 is the best!;)

Smiff_
15th October 2008, 09:15 PM
Rogue Squadron is working quite well on low level graphics (for some users, because it doesn't work on all video cards!).. but the high level emulation (which is necessary for the game to run fast and look good) is still a problem. sorry..

it's possible one of the video plugin authors has had a breakthrough on understanding this game , anyone know?

HatCat
15th October 2008, 11:55 PM
It'll probably be more playable with wireframe rasterization (no textures mode), because the geometry is less obstructed by glitchy textures in the new LLE mode in the plugin.

Since this is a custom microcode only Nemu64's graphics plugin has made attempts to support it via the natural HLE through special research for something (undocumented). Without documentation I can only say I have read it from others to be fiercely hard.

mudlord
16th October 2008, 02:39 AM
The main issue comes from heightmap emulation. RS uses heightmaps for terrain generation. Emulating that would certainly help game compatibility......

Magnio
16th October 2008, 10:48 AM
Ok thanks for yours answers!Bye!

squall_leonhart
18th October 2008, 07:43 AM
Jabo's plugin is slower then Ziggy64 OGL LLE plugin.