PDA

View Full Version : IT freezes up while using fullscreen..

krud14
16th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Is any1 having the same problem using 1.7? I put it on full screen, and then, when I want to exit I hit esc. Then, it freezes up and it doesnt exit. I have to use task manager to exit. I'm testing it using a texture pack. for OOT (Rennaissaince Texture pack). And just to let you know, I am using the rice plugin.

HatCat
17th October 2008, 12:29 AM
You probably have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card like me. ATI Radeon cards are less dynamic in their resolution support but are said to resolve stability issues when using this plugin specifically with 1964.

Very many people have noted this issue; it's the graphics plugin that likely doesn't like NVIDIA's cards in full screen mode.

Mikonokia
17th October 2008, 10:36 AM
can you explain this to me?
my problem is that when i am running zelda OoTi put three codes and when i enter a house it freezess????

do you guys have an emulator to run project in a 2002 computer toshiba with 112mb of ram?

HatCat
17th October 2008, 11:29 PM
You didn't use them with care; there are seldom instructions on safely using GameShark cheat codes. They're for experienced users because they need care.

They can also cause instability if you use bad ones or the emulator doesn't like them.

Smiff_
18th October 2008, 12:53 AM
this is an issue with Rice's video plugin?

HatCat
18th October 2008, 12:58 AM
It is an issue with Rice's Video Plugin.

Evidently ATI Radeon cards aren't affected.

squall_leonhart
18th October 2008, 07:57 AM
You probably have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card like me. ATI Radeon cards are less dynamic in their resolution support but are said to resolve stability issues when using this plugin specifically with 1964.

Very many people have noted this issue; it's the graphics plugin that likely doesn't like NVIDIA's cards in full screen mode.

it actually just stoppped doing this one day, and im not sure why. At one point it was constantly reproducible, but then never again. only thing i can think of is .net 3.0

dutchMasta
11th November 2008, 12:00 PM
Well, I damn well hope you find out! I just had the same problem and it caused a COMPLETE nightmare!!

I couldn't use taskmanager (with Always on Top checked) because it was covered by the fullscreen of Zelda Majora's Mask (was using Rice+Djipi's Real Textures). So I pressed the reset button, and suddenly my whole system goes to sh*t. Got NTLDR is missing, had to use WinXP recovery console from the install CD to fix the boot, boot config and mbr, copy missing important files from the cd to the root of the HD which were apparently lost during the hard reset, and after a while, finally got it back up and running, though my HDs now make a funny sound they didn't previously make, during load. Took a few hours that!!

So...dumb as I was, I decided to check if it was a fluke one-time or it always happens, and it happened again. I used the shut down button instead of hard reset, which didn't cause the same problems as it acts the same as Start Menu -> Shut Down, unless you hold it for longer, so all was ok, thank GOD!

This is a really annoying issue for me and there's no fix?? I would've thought it's a pretty MAJOR issue, not being able to exit from full screen using Rice's Video plugin and Geforce cards!!

I had issues with Glide64 and Jabo's doesn't read Rice format HQ textures, so I have little choice at the moment. Guess I'm just going to have to prepare myself each time I run PJ64, open up Task Manager, highlight Project64.exe and ready "Alt-E -> Enter" while it's in fullscreen.

Smiff_
11th November 2008, 12:03 PM
the same problem in PJ64 v1.6 app ?

has anyone else tried Rice's video with 1.7x and an nVidia card and can reproduce this problem?

i agree its major, but hard to say if its plugin or app fault yet.. once some other people have confirmed the issue i'll ask zilmar to take a look like.. its quite possible he cant fix it, but no point looking until we sure exactly the circumstances which cause it.

e.g. windows version
video driver version
rice plugin version
rice plugin settings that matter (default settings?)
and so on please.

dutchMasta
11th November 2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tested with 1.6 but apparently it's a known issue (A thread in EmuTalk (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=37681)).

My specs are:
Windows XP SP2
Raid 0 SATA HDs
E6600 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo Stock
Geforce 8800GTS 320MB 178.13 Stock
Rice Video 6.1.4
Settings are default except Hide Framebuffer Effects+Basic Write & Back selected in "Current Game Options", and of course, load hi-res textures and resolutions. I'm using the same resolution as my regular res for full screen, 1920x1200.

Hope this helps. It's probably more down to rice video than PJ64. I'll try with another emulator and let you know (need to close my browser to run the emu, get memory issues otherwise =/.)

EDIT: Tested with both 1964 and PJ64 1.6, exiting full screen works fine. Just 1.7 has this problem, as far as I know. Used same settings, loaded high-res textures and everything.

Smiff_
11th November 2008, 04:35 PM
ok thanks for doing that.. probably a threading problem.. might be something zilmar can do. i'll point him to this. if anyone has more info please add.

HatCat
11th November 2008, 11:45 PM
Someone had the issue on both 1964 and Project64 1.6...even not then I'm still thinking physically it's the plugin.

rainb0wspirit
21st February 2012, 08:23 PM
Hello i'm having the same problem with 1.6 when i try to use the full screen mode the emulator just freezes and the only way to get out of that is by closing the emulador with alt + f4, it happens to me with every game. I have a Nvidia GeForce 9400M, any help???

stephan_daigle@msn.com
26th July 2016, 08:37 PM
I don't know if this helps but I am using 2.0 and it crashes when exiting full screen using Rice; I fixed it by Options, Configure Graphics Plugin, General Options, render engine switch to open GL; also changed resolution to my montitors regular resolution, but I don't think that's what did it