PDA

View Full Version : Project64 online?

Chii
8th January 2010, 09:55 AM
Hi guys I'm new here, but is there a tutorial (topic?) how to get online with Project?

thanks
Chii

squall_leonhart
8th January 2010, 10:03 AM
no. and there is no supported version of pj64 with netplay capabilities.

Chii
8th January 2010, 10:07 AM
but whats this then http:// pj64k.emulation64 .com ???

squall_leonhart
8th January 2010, 11:34 AM
unsupported.

HatCat
8th January 2010, 06:27 PM
It's not even Project64. Let alone "Project"; you would think that a name ending with a big red "k" was a hack put a lot of time into.

mathwizi2005
13th January 2010, 09:50 PM
so even though u guys dont support 64K, would u recommend it for netplay?

HatCat
13th January 2010, 10:54 PM
nope. http://www

Mdkcheatz
17th January 2010, 09:40 AM
N64 with Netplay period fails. Go buy a Wii or something and one of those overly priced wheels and Mark Kart and use your buttcheeks to steer while you sip on Kool Aid. OH YEAH!

malva00
28th January 2010, 10:07 AM
so even though u guys dont support 64K, would u recommend it for netplay?

what game are you trying to play? If it's for super smash brothers, then yeah I would try it out.

mupen64k is generally better for most games, but has no gameshark cheat function and takes more memory to run.

pepray
11th March 2010, 05:23 PM
it would be really cool if there was online and stuff with avalble talking on mic with people:cool:

Petersonx
14th March 2010, 07:28 PM
Well it's under zilmar's long-term goals... So keep your hopes up.

ghio10
1st July 2010, 03:02 AM
i honestly dont think that there is enough multiplayer games on n64 to make adding online stuff worth their time.

Lightning92
23rd July 2010, 03:01 AM
They should add netplay.

specht
23rd July 2010, 02:03 PM
Personally, I could care less about netplay for N64 mainly due to the fact that multiplayer N64 games aren't nearly as enjoyable unless you are in the same room as the person you are playing against.

Most of the best multiplayer titles even have updated versions on newer consoles which support online anyway such as Mariokart on Wii and Perfect Dark on XBLA. Goldeneye Source is more than enough have Goldeneye LAN deathmatches as well. Though I guess Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't really help my case, but that style of game isn't fun online anyway.

No doubt that it's an important feature, but there's a reason it's near the bottom of the to-do list since there's many more important features and fixes to be made. (pretty sure the select plugins and settings per rom would make PJ64 virtually perfect for my needs)

HatCat
23rd July 2010, 08:19 PM
It's already implemented well using Mupen64 0.5. The only reason I see to try and imitate that implementation in a future Project64 is because currently there is no cheats system in Mupen64, with or without NetPlay. Well that's where 1964 comes in.

And yeah, I've just recently bothered using Kaillera again for SSB with some friends I've met or VIRTUALCHESS, maybe Bomberman 64, tried B-T, too. It's not what I feel to be a necessity.

squall_leonhart
24th July 2010, 10:32 AM
mupen sucks mupen sucks, mupen can go suckin die in a hole.

dsx_
24th July 2010, 01:45 PM
how come?

(10 character limit sucks)

HatCat
24th July 2010, 07:37 PM
Nah he's just ticked that they sacrificed the interface for portability in Mupen64Plus, which is different from Mupen64 0.5. Just another mudlord comment of his. :D

nicohvc
3rd September 2010, 05:26 AM
It should be very nice play mario kart 64 or diddy kong racing via IP
Kaillera servers had a lot of latency problems...
It will be possible in the future? a long long time, in a galaxy far far away ? ?

Like.. ZSNES netplay by IP
it should be cool

Experiment #150
3rd September 2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah, but most of the fun is playing with friends who are right next to you so you can say "eat my virtual dust bytes" right into their face. The Wii tried an online Mario Kart multiplayer, and lemme tell ya, it wasn't all that fun.

malva00
5th September 2010, 05:17 PM
It should be very nice play mario kart 64 or diddy kong racing via IP
Kaillera servers had a lot of latency problems...
It will be possible in the future? a long long time, in a galaxy far far away ? ?

Like.. ZSNES netplay by IP
it should be cool

You can play games on project64k via IP; you just use p2p kaillera

nicohvc
6th September 2010, 10:52 PM
Thx! i found that right now but... not in kaillera.com :S
I can't put the web because I am newbie in the forum. Need more posts

Why wwPOINTkailleraPOINTcom say that his kaillera last version was made at 2002 ?! What I am doing wrong? hmm well I will try to force my friends to help me test this new kind of online playing (?)
(yeah bad english)

See you and thanks sooo much :D

HatCat
6th September 2010, 11:32 PM
IIRC the original of developer of Kaillera went MIA. Much newer deviations of clients are bundled with some verisons of Mupen64++.

yes site you meant is http://www.kaillera.com