PDA

View Full Version : Donkey Kong 64

simalexander3009
22nd October 2008, 11:36 PM
When I do the car race in Creepy Castle with Tiny Kong the crashes and I am using the default plug ins and though I am using cheats I don't think that is the problem. So what could the problem be? So if anyone could help me fix this problem that would be great thanks. Sorry ment to say crash

HatCat
23rd October 2008, 01:03 AM
What was the crash message?

Most likely it was not consistent...which means if you went up to that point again you might not get that message. There is some known variable stability in Project64 for Donkey Kong 64.

For the beta version right-click Donkey Kong 64 in the "ROM Browser", and choose "Edit Game Settings...". Set the lookup table to Physical

[On a side note for future reference I really want to go to the exact points in the game to verify the reports but have some paper work and can only make experienced suggestions.]

simalexander3009
23rd October 2008, 03:19 AM
The error message was this: SP DMA WRITE could not fit copy in memory segment.

HatCat
23rd October 2008, 10:24 PM
Physical look-up table should help that. Try also:

Options > Settings... > Advanced > Enable Debugger:
Debugger > RSP > CPU Method > Interpreter

As a last resort try using the interpreter core for the main memory emulation as well via
Edit Game Settings > CPU core style

simalexander3009
24th October 2008, 12:11 AM
I did all that but I got a new error message which is as follows: SP DMA READ SP _DRAM_ADDR_Reg not in RDRam space.

HatCat
24th October 2008, 03:01 AM
Confirmed

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=ca2d5d4076c25eb9b0cf1d5d6cdf240e

segment rsp error hanging exe file in memory also

simalexander3009
24th October 2008, 03:05 AM
good you reproduced the error now what?

squall_leonhart
24th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Donkey Kong uses virtual memory in a way that makes it difficult to NOT run into crashes, all you can do is limit the use of save states and load from the battery save, and try to get past that point again.

HatCat
24th October 2008, 11:57 PM
We need to wait for zilmar or Smiff. Having used the Who's Online feature I am inferencing there is some focus on other things before logging off, and Smiff hasn't come back yet. After my configurations the crash was simply delayed, or I simply needed to wait longer. Easily I can reproduce it again.

Tested stable version build 47 in case this game's instability at this point began by the experimental changes in the latest build 49 version. Evidently the fault is in Project64.exe for the majority of builds if not all (Some of which too old to verify me as a valid user after being open for a few seconds).

The RSP in segments error hangs the Project64.exe process in memory to note on the side, but the result error could be anything from that to...
"Exception caught
File: D:\My Programs\Home\Project64\Project64 1.7\Source\N64 System\C Core\C Core Interface.cpp
Line 356"

When Smiff is back he should verify this and inform zilmar if needed.

squall_leonhart
25th October 2008, 02:19 AM
You're zip file is unusuable due to the folder attempting to map to the root documents and settings folder

squall_leonhart
25th October 2008, 03:18 AM
Its actually multiple crashes,

SP DMA READ
SP DMA WRITE
And then finally
Unknown x86 opcode 8a
System location : 5CD11AD
Location in N64 space : 4008020

Enable
Protect Memory
Start Changed

And it turns from SP DMA errors into unhandled opcode 1 errors.

HatCat
25th October 2008, 02:12 PM
It's his zip file; I downloaded it and loaded it in Project64 two times just fine.

I remember that one once...probably should have noted that instead since it has more detail. If I reload the save state enough times I will get all kinds of other errors each time.

squall_leonhart
27th October 2008, 01:51 AM
Looking at the logger, i have to say its cheats related.

Jorchking
10th January 2011, 08:27 AM
Looking at the logger, i have to say its cheats related.
I Have The problem "SP DMA WRITE SP_DRAM_ADDR_REG not in RDRAM space"

How can I fix this problem?

HatCat
10th January 2011, 09:10 PM
I think that's an issue with the RSP re-compiler on 1.6, but I'm not so sure.

If it's not your fault, then that error only happens once in a blue moon while playing certain games.