PDA

View Full Version : New Cheat Database Site for pj64 WIP

rimsky82
1st April 2010, 04:05 PM
I've started work on a cheat database site for pj64. It's a WIP, but I thought I'd give you a window so, being the beta cheaters, you could give me suggestions.

Here is the site:
http://thejbnet.com/pj64

I have no problems giving this to the pj64 team to put on their servers. It's written in PHP and uses mysql for the database.

Remember, it's a WIP. I've got the database set up with the current code list, and with the site you can currently view and export the cheats.

TODO:
CSS Styling - Not a high priority for me right now.
Export Filtering - Not sure if it's useful, but should be easy.
Adding Cheats - Not sure how to handle permissions, may have to add sessions so only certain people have this ability. Also need a sure fire way to check for duplicates.
Editing Cheats - Will probably be a little tougher, and not sure if it's really needed, especially if the only people adding cheats are the ones that know what they're doing.

Once these are finished, should make for a good beta.

I'd like to get a grasp on how much interest there is with this, let me know what you think.

RadeonUser
16th April 2010, 11:39 AM
I mentioned this thread to Gent a while back but I never got an answer on how he felt about this. I think it somehow turned into a tangent on how the new Doctor will never be as great as David was...

For now I'm allowing this thread to be posted, if he or someone else feels uneasy about it I'll allow them to handle the thread.

rimsky82
16th April 2010, 01:34 PM
I messaged Gent too, without reply. I don't want to overstep my bounds, this was just the best way I thought I could make myself useful.

They can either let it go on, or ask me to take it down, in which case I will. Or if they want the source, they can have it.

I've made it a database for getting the rdb and rdx files, too. Everything is uneditable right now, until I'm certain everything is correct and get some feedback on how to continue. I think what I'll end up doing is somewhat of a submission form for additions and edits, in which case someone in charge would approve or deny and make the edits.

I'm curious to see where this goes. The goal is to make the project's supplemental files as full and accurate as possible.

Gent
17th April 2010, 02:06 PM
hi sorry for no answers gang i have been a tad busy at work to be honest. And Rad: David Tennant is still the best Doctor Who there has been this new kid just does not have that Doc factor ask smiff he will back me up! :p

rimsky82: I have no probs with the site its a great looking thing, but the only problem for me really is this cheat data base is design for use only with Project64 1.7 and can not be used in any other emulator or Console for that matter as it is a special XP64 Format.

I do not really like the idea of people being able to just have access to them if they are not apart of the beta project?

so unless you are somehow going to allow a beta login for access? maybe you can work with Zil on that one? and if that is the case you can also host the Cheat Help section with it showing how to add, enable, edit yadda yadda like a online guide.

rimsky82
17th April 2010, 03:00 PM
I have no problem integrating a login, I would just need read access to the u/p db.

As far as the xploder codes, they are stored in xploder with an option to export in normal format using a simple decryption method I made in php. I understand if you don't want everyone to have access, though.

I can host the help files, too... but that doesn't need to require beta access does it?

Gent
17th April 2010, 07:55 PM
I have no problem integrating a login, I would just need read access to the u/p db.

As far as the xploder codes, they are stored in xploder with an option to export in normal format using a simple decryption method I made in php. I understand if you don't want everyone to have access, though.

I can host the help files, too... but that doesn't need to require beta access does it?

They are Xplorer64 with a slight differece which means they are once gain only for emulator not console. The reason for them being in this format is so people can not mess around with the codes or rather take them to use for other emus etc..... so i would not really like hem to be avalible for people to use a export to a AR/GS format. becuase then that would have defeated the original reason for the format to begin with :)

well yes as the help files will be for the PJ64 beta (1.7) not public 1.6

rimsky82
18th April 2010, 03:55 AM
k, I'll take out the address detail table when you mouseover a cheat, and the code format option when you export.

I got all of these cheat codes from the newest cht file, and I didn't notice a difference, they all seem to be converting correctly with the regular xploder algorithm, unless it's slight enough I didnt notice.

I guess I'll rip the help files available now, and contact zilmar about the login.

rimsky82
20th October 2010, 06:17 PM
Whats the word, Gent?

If you haven't been in a while, you can export the cheat file, the rdb file, and the rdx file from the site. If I keep working on it, I can integrate some simple forms to add and edit records, making the database easily manageable by whomever has the rights.

let me know what you want done with it.

I forgot to mention also, that if the codes are stored in raw format in the database, they can be viewed and exported in any way you want, and any algorithm can be easily edited to mask the raw data.

Mdkcheatz
29th November 2010, 12:56 PM
They are Xplorer64 with a slight differece which means they are once gain only for emulator not console. The reason for them being in this format is so people can not mess around with the codes or rather take them to use for other emus etc..... so i would not really like hem to be avalible for people to use a export to a AR/GS format. becuase then that would have defeated the original reason for the format to begin with :)

well yes as the help files will be for the PJ64 beta (1.7) not public 1.6

Might I remind you, Mr. C., that many codes can be ported between xplorer64 and AR/GC. Remember, I used to own one back in the day before I accidentally went overboard creating new codes and crashed it permanently. Are you still insisting that this really matters?

Gent
29th November 2010, 05:13 PM
Might I remind you, Mr. C., that many codes can be ported between xplorer64 and AR/GC. Remember, I used to own one back in the day before I accidentally went overboard creating new codes and crashed it permanently. Are you still insisting that this really matters?

It does matter yes, when i know full well how i made this database specific for PJ 1.7 and not a real Action Replay or a Real xplorer64. Because i am sure i do nopt need to remind you that the PJ64 Emulator cheat system handles things slightly different then the real world.

HatCat
30th November 2010, 12:00 AM
This entire thread just got done on the discussion of practically publicizing the decryption of the special XP64-based encryption that the CHT uses, and all you have to ask Gent is, "You realize that it's easy to convert between XP64 and AR?"

Oh and about the online database environment, didn't really understand this thread period...we got an environment for making 1.7 cheats here after all.
It might be awfully similar to the 1.6 cheats as far as the beta-archived CHT goes, but it saves from lamers I guess.

Kinda boring here though, not much activity in this forum anymore...got to get back to making some cheats. Some group enthusiasm would be neat.

Mdkcheatz
30th November 2010, 02:29 AM
It does matter yes, when i know full well how i made this database specific for PJ 1.7 and not a real Action Replay or a Real xplorer64. Because i am sure i do nopt need to remind you that the PJ64 Emulator cheat system handles things slightly different then the real world.

lol ;)

I do find your environment alot easier than its predecessor.

Needless to say, I need not question your divine plan. There's usually a logical method to your madness.

HatCat
30th November 2010, 03:50 AM
I thought this forum was bot-speak-proof, or at least bot-proof.
I guess angry bots get their own way in.

rimsky82
11th January 2011, 06:48 PM
the whole point of this thread and the "environment" I developed, was to give the team, the beta testers, or even the public a place to export initially the cht, but then also the rdb and rdx files. That can be done. I was going to add a login system for adding and editing entries, so these files could be more complete by being easily edited by testers and people that make the codes.

I was unaware of another such environment, and I didn't notice a difference in the "xp64-based" code.

So, it was just a place to collaborate the maintenance of these database files, a lot like no-intro's dat-o-matic (http://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.php?page=news&fun=this), or like my main cheating website exportcheats.com (http://exportcheats.com) . But there has been little to no interest. So just say the word, and I'll take it down.

et500
26th November 2012, 11:19 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for all the time. In my opinion this is a really great idea and the database should be advertised much more and also get supported by the official project. The website should be enhanced to also output 1.6 compatible files.

The download option could be directly integrated into future versions of Project64, like the Wii cheat database connection that is currently integrated in Dolphin.