PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Controller On PJ64

ChefSimbo
25th October 2008, 02:28 PM
Yes Thats Right, Using a Xbox 360 Controller For PJ64 :D
But there is two requirements, A wireless Xbox 360 Controller (Duh) and a Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless receiver For Windows (Link Here (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/)) Try getting a bargain on E-bay ^_^. Now i got mine on sale at PC World Like 5. Once You have it, Plug into Your PC And connect up to your Controller. Open Up PJ64 And Controller Options and load The CP File (Download Here) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W581MVAD) And thats you!

Enjoy

squall_leonhart
27th October 2008, 01:53 AM
Use nrage for xinput controls.

KeepOnTruckin
7th December 2008, 03:14 AM
Maybe I'm just dumb, but doesn't it have to be a .cpf file? in order to be a controller config profile?

squall_leonhart
7th December 2008, 04:39 AM
no, the file he uploaded is for the nrage xinput plugin i believe.

ibushido
8th December 2008, 11:23 PM
I just realized they added the N64 emulator and the first thing I thought of was that I was sure the emulator's controller settings wouldn't be good enough to play games well using a keyboard or mouse. I just downloaded Goldeneye and when you turn left or right it jerks hard to either side. There's no sensitivity. I thought of the Xbox controller idea, but how would you be able to set the sensitivity for the sticks on the controller without that option in the emulator?

How is everyone else doing it if not with the Xbox controller?

squall_leonhart
9th December 2008, 03:10 AM
....nrage has sensitivity controls.

ibushido
10th December 2008, 01:34 AM
Ok cool. I just looked up what that is. Sorry, I'm new to this stuff. I just wanted to make sure it was worth spending 60 bucks on the xbox controller for the PC. Thanks.

KeepOnTruckin
11th December 2008, 01:25 AM
39.99 in the US for the wired USB controller. Its what I got.

Of course, after getting it hooked up, goldeneye uses the wrong control scheme. That is, the left stick (analog stick) does move and turn, and the right stick (c buttons) does strafe and look. So I swapped the inputs (so the left stick up and down is analog stick, and left and right is the c buttons) but then I can't use the manual target very easily, and cant drive the tank. Alas.

ibushido
11th December 2008, 02:43 AM
Hmm... well considering I know nothing about this and you have problems that would probably make me not want to play it, are there any other more accurate and reliable ways?

mmarino121
27th December 2010, 05:47 AM
Can anyone explain to me how I do this? I have no idea what I am doing. Do I put those files in the plugin folder for project n64?

I can't get controller to work in Project 64.

27th December 2010, 05:51 AM
you already started a thread about this problem.......

STOP TROLLING.........

mmarino121
27th December 2010, 05:52 AM
fuck off dork

dsx_
28th December 2010, 01:28 AM
wtf is this redundant bs.

mmarino121
28th December 2010, 01:33 AM
wtf is this redundant bs.

Nice input you are really helping my issue.

Experiment #150
28th December 2010, 01:44 AM
here comes the Squall... all dressed in.... Paul's... skin... and.... oh whatever.

Seriously? You're calling us dorks? We're the ones who hold the key to your little emulator BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually "geek" is a more sufficient term.

mmarino121
28th December 2010, 01:46 AM
here comes the Squall... all dressed in.... Paul's... skin... and.... oh whatever.

Seriously? You're calling us dorks? We're the ones who hold the key to your little emulator BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually "geek" is a more sufficient term.

Not you really...I'm just tired of people telling me to search when I have and I have not found the solution. I would understand if the solution was easily reachable on this forum, but it is not. I am just trying to find out what the issue is with this but I am about to just give up and return the controller.

28th December 2010, 01:48 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4696862/Im-mmarino121-And-Im-here-to-hijack-this-thread.jpg

28th December 2010, 01:50 AM
Says the guy that tries to take over a thread when he already started one for his problem

mmarino121
28th December 2010, 02:22 AM
Says the guy that tries to take over a thread when he already started one for his problem

Most of all the replies on this thread are useless babbble.. How is me asking a question hijacking a threat? It seems like you are hijacking it more with your useless babble about me LEGIT question.

squall_leonhart
28th December 2010, 02:27 AM
360 pad users can get help from over there >>>>>>>>

mmarino121
28th December 2010, 02:34 AM
360 pad users can get help from over there >>>>>>>>

over where?

Experiment #150
28th December 2010, 03:56 AM
heh :D Oh Squall

But D41145 is right; you already started a thread with this query. Starting a new thread isn't going to get a different person, like some call center or something.

Wait did we tell you to search? I don't recall that... though I've thrown that phrase around. The only reason I didn't yell at you to search is because I don't recall there being a thread like yours; most of the controllers are either N64 controllers or PS2.

And you don't walk into someone's home and call him a dork, you're turning into Pilldoubt :D

HatCat
31st December 2010, 12:08 AM
I guess there's another thread for this so um back on topic. :D

shotgunfred
11th April 2011, 03:48 PM
I did as instructed and downloaded the cp file to use my 360 wireless controller. In the controller configuration settings (Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7.0.11) The D pad was non responsive! In the end to create a custom control configuration which included the D-pad I downloaded Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7 (altering the name of the file so's not to overwrite the latest beta driver). I used 1.7 to to configure my controller then switched back to the latest one. Along the way I tried NRage 2.0 beta, I found the sensitivity of the analogue stick to be way too sensitive and the rumble response lax. I hope this solution is useful to p64 supporters

Natch
11th April 2011, 04:27 PM
sensitivity can be lessened with deadzone (I believe that's it...)
Rumble, apparently, requires Xinput, which I have yet to try XD

HatCat
13th April 2011, 12:24 AM
Deadzone is some other control though may be related a bit. Sensitivity mostly you want to adjust the "Range" / "N64 Range" setting for.

Natch
13th April 2011, 04:03 PM
Range, deadzone, bah, same thing.

That's what I meant though.

edit: no, wait, deadzone is how far you have to push the analog stick in order for the command to take, right? That would help as well, especially with an Xbox 360 controller, which are just so dang sensitive like that.

HatCat
13th April 2011, 06:29 PM
There's an explanation of deadzone in the manual, but I forgot what it was. :( lol it doesn't apply to if you're using a keyboard though; that much I remember.

Natch
13th April 2011, 07:10 PM
Then I was probably dead on with the definition then. I, like him, have the same problem with the Xbox 360 controller, which is, the analog sticks are so darn sensitive, that if you move it a half a milimeter it will register as being pressed in that direction; it does this also if you center it but it's off center. Dead-zone would be what he would need to use, methinks, so that he'd have to move the analog stick further for it to register.

Jabo
14th April 2011, 01:10 AM
I did as instructed and downloaded the cp file to use my 360 wireless controller. In the controller configuration settings (Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7.0.11) The D pad was non responsive! In the end to create a custom control configuration which included the D-pad I downloaded Jabo Direct input plugin 1.7 (altering the name of the file so's not to overwrite the latest beta driver). I used 1.7 to to configure my controller then switched back to the latest one. Along the way I tried NRage 2.0 beta, I found the sensitivity of the analogue stick to be way too sensitive and the rumble response lax. I hope this solution is useful to p64 supporters

Are you saying an older build of the input plugin works with your d-pad but 1.7.0.11 does not? which build was this? who made this controller profile? I can't follow this... it sounds like something is wrong here but I'm confused.

squall_leonhart
14th April 2011, 05:02 AM
I found the sensitivity of the analogue stick to be way too sensitive and the rumble response lax. I hope this solution is useful to p64 supporters

i found your brains to be lax......

HatCat
14th April 2011, 05:07 AM
pwnt.

Can't make heads or tails of the original text either, but in saying "the latest beta driver" I guess that could refer to anything.

Lexsym
15th April 2011, 07:45 AM
xbox 360 controller works fine jesus

Jabo
15th April 2011, 12:37 PM
Let's stop mocking people who came here to get help, not everyone is a Project64 guru, and this continued behavior is frustrating everyone including me. Additionally it prevents me from understanding the problem is at times. If you find yourself getting annoyed with a "newbie" thread, express it in a mature way or stop posting there.

dsx_
15th April 2011, 03:09 PM
someone finally noticed squall's constant string of crap? good on you jabo ;)

HatCat
15th April 2011, 06:23 PM
Ah it's nothing like him being a newbie or anything, just hard to read most of the post. squall doesn't tend to ask WUTUMEEN either so much as interact with just the parts he can read, though ironically the guy registered in 2009 and made just 2 posts. I get the impression he won't be coming back to clarify. :(

Jabo
15th April 2011, 06:39 PM
Yea and the xbox360 controller problems seem to be a constant source of problems, I don't have a lot of time and I'd really like to work with someone to understand the problem a bit better. I'm aware that there is a problem with some of the axis reading in DirectInput and that rumble support is crippled as well. XInput for Xbox360 seems to be the way to go but I'd really like to get a deeper understanding of the specific problems people have with wireless versus wired controllers, how different drivers play a role etc... and Iconoclast points out it's good if we don't drive people out of the forums as well. There's probably an opportunity to put a guide/FAQ together here but I can't find enough solid information to really do anything yet.

Natch
15th April 2011, 07:03 PM
Well, I'm not sure what "constant problems" you're seeing, really, because all I've ever seen wrong with a wired 360 controller is the lack of rumble and that the left analog is just so darn sensitive, but the latter can be fixed with deadzone and whatnot. As for wired vs. wireless, I'd say that the wireless works not as well simply because there are too many variables; I mean, everything uses bluetooth or infared nowdays. With a wired connection there's no chance of picking up foreign signals, unlike my speakers <.<

HatCat
15th April 2011, 11:24 PM
It's a shame that external controllers, USB adapters etc. is just one thing I know nothing about when I see the nth thread asking about using an Xbox 360 controller with Project64. A few of those threads came to result in criticism of the original poster, when I can't really involve myself to say much of anything besides things like trying different plugins because I've never used anything but the keyboard before. :D So it seems that many with knowledge of the issue are prone to using that in the form of insulting ignorance to showcase intelligence.

I'm aware that there is a problem with some of the axis reading in DirectInput and that rumble support is crippled as well.Well, I'm not sure what "constant problems" you're seeing, really, because all I've ever seen wrong with a wired 360 controller is the lack of rumble and that the left analog is just so darn sensitive,

Kind of confirms what he said except adding on that those were the only problems noticed.

And he didn't say "constant problems" :confused:, just I think referring to a persistent source of problems arising from a number of questions about support pertinent to using an X360 controller.

Lacan
17th April 2011, 10:43 PM
Hope this is in the right place.

I'm having a somewhat unusual problem where only 1 (the one I need it to work on) out of the 3 pcs here at home won't work with p64 and the 360 controller. I have installed the drivers for the 360 controller and the pc itself detects it. I can controll solitaire (windows game) using the controller but when I go into pj64 it doesn't show up in the drop down menu for controller plugin configuration.

It also doesn't seem to work in any of the other emulators I have on that pc though it works fine on pj64 and all the other emulators on either of the other pcs.

I've been looking for a solution for a couple weeks now without much luck and am getting close to the point of formatting the pc to see if that fixes it but I would prefer to avoid that if it is possible.

Natch
18th April 2011, 01:23 PM
Is it wireless? Did you calibrate? Also, try out the N-rage plugin, which you can switch to in settings.

HatCat
18th April 2011, 02:46 PM
That's a bit confusing. The way I'm reading that, the controller device functions on all the other PCs, but on the current one in question just with the native games like Solitaire rather than Project64. That stuff confuses the shit out of me, driver conflicts or something like that, but no doubt there's a version of N-Rage that avoids that.

ToraxOutlaw
7th July 2011, 11:43 AM
You could always try my guide to see if that works, that's if you've got the Wireless 360 setup, other if you've got wired 360 setup it should work, I'm just going to test it on the Vista OS. Feedback would be much appreciated. :D

Deadpool1205
6th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Appologies for Resurecting the dead thread.

But I just recently downloaded v1.6 and was wanting to use this controller config. But the file was hosted on Megaupload which has been taken down.

Anyone know of a mirror or another place the file is hosted so I can use my 360 controller?

ExtremeDude2
6th April 2012, 10:23 PM
You don't need it >.>

shatteredx
7th May 2012, 02:50 AM
forums.motioninjoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1739

^This guy's driver adds directinput rumble support to the xbox 360 wireless controller for windows driver. I appreciate the xinput plugins for pj64 but the analog stick feels a lot smoother with directinput (no initial jump in movement like with xinput).

degredo64
15th May 2012, 06:41 PM
I want to share my xbox 360 controller configuration for Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6. I've been using this configuration because (at least for me) it seems more similar to the N64 controller. Here's the button mapping:

Nintendo 64 -> Xbox 360

A -> A
B -> X
C up -> Y
C down -> B
C left -> LB
C right -> RB
R -> RT
Z -> LT
Start -> Start
L -> Back
Joystick -> Left Stick
D-Pad -> D-Pad

Not used: LS and RS buttons and Right Stick (the N64 controller only had 1 stick).

ENDER3000
25th June 2012, 02:56 AM
any way to invert the analog stick???