PDA

View Full Version : 3d vision suport

ukyo31
19th April 2010, 10:47 PM
hi guys ^^,well all is in the title :) it would be cool if the 1.7 suports the nvidia 3d vision glasses , playing conker or loz oot in s3d would be awesome :D ,please please make my dream come true ^^

squall_leonhart
20th April 2010, 01:37 AM
1. No.
2. Never.
3. Learn how to use the software, you can do it yourself.

ukyo31
20th April 2010, 08:13 AM
do it my self??:confused: ,how ?? is there a patch or something plz help

dsx_
20th April 2010, 08:41 AM
LOL I'm afraid you misinterpreted.

squall_leonhart
21st April 2010, 03:40 AM
do it my self??:confused: ,how ?? is there a patch or something plz help

the 3d Stereo software installs a control panel which you can use to adjust 3D in games.

the driver is what determines the 3D, not the application.

ukyo31
22nd April 2010, 11:53 PM
why the iz3d driver works then in the pj 1.6 version and not the nvidia i dont understand ? anyway if thers a method to make it run (1.6) in 3d with nvidia vision i would be gretfull for ur help thanx anyway for ur replys^^"sorry for my bad english"

chrisguy13
11th August 2010, 03:46 AM
@Squall_Leonhart - I don't think you understand how 3d vision works and I don't know why you have to be a jerk about it, playing N64 games in 3d is really fun.

@ukyo31 - the reason why Project 64 works for iz3d and not Nvidia is most likely because project 64 uses a "fake fullscreen," which is a window that acts like fullscreen but does not trigger the 3d vision drivers because it is a window. 3d vision drivers require a true fullscreen mode to work. Iz3d works with windowed programs as well as fullscreen, so it works with project 64.

So it's not your fault as Squall_Leonhart made it seem, it's a combination of the emulator and the drivers. Either Nvidia needs to support windowed mode or Project 64 needs a 3d option that uses true fullscreen (similar to the special 3d builds of Dolphin - the advantages of open source). Unfortunately I don't see either happening soon, especially with the low demand and the unnecessary negative response it gets (for being such a simple request) as you've seen here.

squall_leonhart
11th August 2010, 05:17 AM
@Squall_Leonhart - I don't think you understand how 3d vision works and I don't know why you have to be a jerk about it, playing N64 games in 3d is really fun.

Actually, you're right, i don't mess with stupid gimmicks, i just play games.

Experiment #150
11th August 2010, 04:04 PM
I thought this was already brought up?

chrisguy13
20th August 2010, 03:30 AM
I was just answering ukyo31's question, not trying to bring it up again. As far as 3d, some people like it, some don't and some don't care. Then their are people like Squall_Leonhart who get nasty when it's brought up. Not sure why, I don't think it would affect the emulator at all. I could see if it destroyed performance or compatibility, but I doubt it would (dolphin has a branch that supports 3d vision and as far as I can tell there is no difference between the official svn and that branch on equal version builds). I don't make smart comments when people want to play in 2d, it's their choice and if that's how they enjoy it the most, good for them.

It's kind of like being against gay marriage. It's not something thats going to effect you either way if you are straight, but lots of people get their panties in a bunch over it anyway and make others miserable.

CriticalGanja
10th January 2011, 05:16 AM
check out 3Dizzy.com download project64 1.6 with thw geforce 3D vision plugin not only is it amasing 3D it will up scale to 1080 better than the aspect ratio hack ^^ your welcome

squall_leonhart
10th January 2011, 09:47 AM
check out this site

Natch
10th January 2011, 03:20 PM
Really? Squall recommends it?

squall_leonhart
10th January 2011, 09:33 PM
no, i mean this site.

Natch
10th January 2011, 09:39 PM
seems a tad proffesional I suppose. What about it?

HatCat
10th January 2011, 09:41 PM
Lots of precedent info on the forum domain here about the 3-D support, some other threads older and newer so info here.

There was some in-depth discussion about some other driver software, don't think it was mentioned here.

-----

XD Dammit...stop making RadeonUser correct about this thread. :D

I linked to it under the condition it was after post #13.

kgMadee2
16th January 2012, 09:31 PM
As far as my testing goes, 3D Vision is already halfways working (PJ64 1.7.0.50; Jabo's D3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5):
The driver detects a capable 3D application, but only one picture is rendered. This adds a nice sepia effect when using anaglyph glasses :D
The attached stereo screenshot (made with 3D Vision) thus consists of the same picture taken twice.

It would really be great to get stereo 3D to work completely it just looks great where it already works

Danathian
15th June 2012, 05:53 PM
chris is right with the fake full screen however, since the full screen function is controlled by the graphics plugin so. So, with that being said, there might be a third party graphics plugin that uses actual full screen. just search google for "project 64 3rd party plugins"....XD 3D VISION IS AWESOME!!!!

will reply if i find one....

squall_leonhart
16th June 2012, 12:56 PM
3DVision requires Direct3D9 and higher

Jabo D3D8 of course, will not work with it. Ever.