PDA

View Full Version : "Class.cpp" line: 326 crash... in a very weird directory

Huskie
3rd May 2010, 08:51 PM
Heyooo everyone, first post here, unfortunately not a very happy one, since I'm pretty stumped.

Anyways, I'm having a strange bug on any rom I play in both the public and the beta versions of PJ64, although only the beta one gives me an error message, whereas the public one simply crashes to desktop with no further notice.

So, it always happens as follows:

I'm using the N-Rage V2 2.00 input plugin, all the other ones are default. I realize this is not the default plugin, but please bear with me and read on. I use the plugin so I can use the mouse, as I have no gamepads to play with. Whenever I set a configuration modifier in N-Rage for whatever purposes, apparently (still have to test it out further to know that for sure, but I can't get it to work at all to switch between configs 1 and 2 of the analog stick, which is what I need) and press the configuration modifier assigned key (whichever one I assign it to), the emulator freezes and I get the following error message:

"Exception
CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File: D:\My programs\home\Project64\project 64 1.7\Source\N64 Systems\N64 Class.cpp
Line:326"

By the way, that file, or even entire directory for that matter does not even exist on my hard drive.

I googled around a lot, before finally deciding to ask for help on the forums, and I saw many other people had this problem (with the exception happening on the same line, too), but mostly related to graphics plugins, none of them had it the same way I'm having.

Can any tech savvy person please tell me what exactly is the problem here? I've tried everything I could think of and came across with in my searching around, but no cigar.

squall_leonhart
3rd May 2010, 11:24 PM
its an as yet undeclared general exception error.

gk13
25th October 2010, 03:59 PM
i dont even use the same plugin as you but i have the same problem... its with Ogre Battle 64... it happens when i try to use an item on my characters (some items) i just dont know... it was fine at the begining but now i cant use them... it crashes only if i use the items if not then nothing happens but anyway i just want to know what it is because many people are posting as well and its always the same problem... with diferent plugins and everything but the bug is the same
cheers

HatCat
25th October 2010, 08:57 PM
Honestly this is the element by which, if I use Project64 for leisure play, I use a public version. The beta just isn't stable. Occurrences like this are to be expected before taking a risk.

Maybe using the interpreter core or different re-compiler controls will prevent or affect the error?

Like messiuer Squall said though, the errors suck.

kjacobs03
9th February 2011, 04:54 PM
I recently updated to a new graphics card and now I get this same error whenever I try to load a game, any game.

HatCat
9th February 2011, 08:05 PM
See if Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 (not D3D8 1.7) still has the issue.

kjacobs03
11th February 2011, 04:00 AM
Yes, it gives the same error for every graphics plugin. Version 1.6 public still works fine though.

HatCat
11th February 2011, 11:46 PM
If it started happening only since getting a new graphics card, then maybe some new driver-interactive, etc. software is using more memory than as was done previous.

So maybe it's a crash on ROM load because that loads the ROM into memory, which you might not have enough of?

Try also using the 1.6 RSP plugin instead of a 1.7 version. There aren't a lot of 4-megabyte games you can test with, but there are still the 8-MB ones like Mario64.

kjacobs03
12th February 2011, 03:58 PM
I redownloaded the emulator and now is seems to work. But whenever I load a rom is says "Failed to load eeprom" but the game does still load. Oh well, at least it works now.

HatCat
12th February 2011, 07:44 PM
That's probably because the EEP save file is locked from access due to being in use by a separate process. Might be a ghost of the previous instance of the Project64 process that's still "using" it.

kjacobs03
13th February 2011, 07:12 PM
That's probably because the EEP save file is locked from access due to being in use by a separate process. Might be a ghost of the previous instance of the Project64 process that's still "using" it.

You were exactly right. Since I reinstalled it I needed to change the directory path to my saves. Thanks!

HatCat
13th February 2011, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah, if it isn't a ghost process it can still share the same directory for saves if the re-installation isn't formal, so yeah good call.

domfather
10th May 2012, 08:55 PM
i came across this post when searching . I have this problem aswell but only when trying to load hires texture packs..tryd with both vershions 1.6 just stops working and 1.7 gives me the exeption error.i could reely do with some help on getting this to work please. is there a setting im missing in advanced options that i need to enable for the hires textures to work properly???