PDA

View Full Version : Rumble again :P

Azmodon
14th May 2010, 08:04 PM
Haven't seen this put out before, and can't find it through searching anywhere.

I've seen a lot regarding controller rumble issues / support and people rallying behind the mouse, but not the keyboard and it's lack of vibrating. I have a controller, and it works just fine, but my friends don't and got me thinking. "Would it be difficult (for those without controllers sake) to have the option to turn on a setting which would on-screen, perhaps in a corner, show the icon of a rumble pak so you know when it's supposed to be going off?" I'm playing LOZ right now and realized just how useful it is to feel where stuff is. But for someone without a controller they'd have no clue.

OniTenshu
15th May 2010, 02:06 PM
i definitely agree i'm playing right now with only a keyboard and it's starting to lose exitement when i have to go out of fullscreen and watch the window for the "visual rumble" that only nrage's controller plugin seems to support. and even though i'm going to buy a controller with a rumble feature and the correct amount of buttons(wish i could buy a wireless n64 controller that won't break at the joystick though T-T) it would still be nice to have the same kind of visual rumble feature that the gamecube has where the screen shakes(or at least something that is similar or even Azmodon's suggestion of a icon would be nice).

also Azmodon: i recommend adding a poll to this thread so people can vote for the feature to be added that way it will become more clear to jabo(or whoever is the one making the paks that his controller plugin uses) that a rumblepak and a proper visual rumble would be much apreciated.

squall_leonhart
16th May 2010, 04:00 AM
nrage already supports visual rumble.

OniTenshu
17th May 2010, 09:02 AM
yes it does but only while in windowed mode, as it just shakes the window and leaves the game completely normal so if you are in fullscreen you don't notice a thing.

and if you don't believe me test it out yourself and try to prove me wrong because if i am then i can use whatever method you figure out to get it working in fullscreen.

Azmodon
17th May 2010, 10:00 AM
I've got two monitors so I tested it and all I notice in both windowed and full screen (because the task bar is on the other monitor) is the orange flash, like msn convo windows when they're downsized but much quicker pulsing. the frame doesn't shake that I can see though (in windowed). Didn't know about it but it does help slightly.

OniTenshu
17th May 2010, 12:18 PM
if i had 2 monitors i would use your method however i don't have the money to go out and buy another monitor that supports dvi atm(i only have dvi ports in my video card)

Azmodon
17th May 2010, 03:53 PM
not that i feel buying a second monitor to be considered a "solution" lol, but if you ever do want to go the route of a second monitor, most will come with an adapter to go from dvi to vga, and since vga monitors tend to be a lot cheaper, even if it doesn't come with an adapter they're like 8 dollars (my cards both dvi too and i have one of each kind, much lower frame rates on the one that's switched from dvi to vga but it works)