PDA

View Full Version : mappable pause key

d8thstar
23rd May 2010, 02:40 AM
hi there, new to the boards, currently using the freely available 1.6 in an arcade cabinet.

i would love to have the pause key mappable (to P). that way my cab controls would be uniform. i'll happily register for this small feature :)

HatCat
23rd May 2010, 02:51 AM
Buttons of the N64 controller can be mapped to different keys of a keyboard.

Try input emulation configuration accessed by choosing "Configure Controller Plugin..." from the "Options" menu in Project64 1.6.

d8thstar
23rd May 2010, 04:57 AM
oh i got that part, apologies if i wasn't clear.

i meant F2 pause that p64 uses, not in game N64 pause.

for instance, i use "P1 start" which is mapped to key "1" on my control panel as the start button for all my console emu's controllers. but i use key "P" in most of my emu's to pause, which is mapped to a separate button on my control panel.

so although i can pause an emulated N64 game with "player1 start", it'd be great to be able to map p64's "F2", emu pause to the "P" key.

i know it's a minor issue but i'm trying to get all my emu's mapped to behave the same so that when guests are over, they have one button to press to pause.

hope that clears up my request :)

zilmar
23rd May 2010, 05:37 AM
the current version of 1.7 has the feature you wanted ..

one of the things I wanted tho which it does not have is when you could map the key to a controller button, not just a keyboard key. Like a key on the joy stick to be able to save/restore