PDA

View Full Version : PJ64 messing with hard drive.

sonuvthelaw
3rd June 2010, 09:31 PM
Since installing PJ64, I've been having troubles with my hard drive. My computer will freeze randomly, even if i'm not running the emulator. The problem seems to be with the hard drive. My computer and hard drive are both six years old. I feel the emulator may be messing with my hard drive, or screwing with the BIOS.

Experiment #150
3rd June 2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe you just need to clear some space, having not enough space on a hard drive can and has for me caused problems. I think it even crashed my computer once :rolleyes:

sonuvthelaw
3rd June 2010, 09:44 PM
It's not space that's a problem, I checked that.

Experiment #150
3rd June 2010, 09:50 PM
Dunno what to say then. Are you using a MAC?

RadeonUser
3rd June 2010, 10:27 PM
Since you don't have beta access assigned to your account I'm going to assume you downloaded the "PJ64 1.7 beta" from another location.
Do not trust other websites claiming they have the PJ64 1.7 beta as these are mostly either fake or contain malware and/or spyware.

The real beta or alpha version of PJ64 1.7 will never contain malware or spyware and should only be downloaded from http://www.pj64-emu.com/

I'm not sure what else to tell you, this is the internet where people are ready to pull the wool over your eyes and take advantage of you.
Always verify what you're downloading and ensure the executable is clean of viruses.

sonuvthelaw
4th June 2010, 02:03 AM
If I use the one directly from this site, will i still have my save states?

Experiment #150
4th June 2010, 02:04 AM
Well, in order for that, you would just have to move your save states to the new folder.