PDA

View Full Version : Turning off cheats? (zelda)

DeeCe
9th June 2010, 08:18 PM
I found all the cheats... i clicked get all equip just to see if it worked. and yes, it did. but now how do i turn that cheat off.

Experiment #150
9th June 2010, 11:04 PM
can't, you gotta uncheck it and start anew.

squall_leonhart
10th June 2010, 05:59 PM
only way to turn that off is to reset the bit(s) for all those values.

Experiment #150
14th June 2010, 12:28 AM
Or that, it's been a while.

HatCat
15th June 2010, 11:16 AM
Well technically they're basically the same.

If you restart the emulator with no cheats on you reset the bits.
If you load a save state you restore what the bits originally were.

squall_leonhart
15th June 2010, 12:00 PM
um.. no lol, once the bits are modified, they are saved to battery as well.

HatCat
15th June 2010, 01:56 PM
How do you figure that? They often aren't saved to the battery until you end emulation. Never immediately upon changing bits in RAM....

squall_leonhart
15th June 2010, 02:06 PM
im meaning in the instance where the user was crazy enough to save :P

HatCat
15th June 2010, 02:17 PM
Well even if you edit the bits in the save accordingly, you'd need to restart the emulator anyway. =D

Mdkcheatz
15th June 2010, 08:51 PM
You have to clear the system's RAM of any bits from the PJ64 emulator. This means by rebooting your PC. Most of the time you can simply just reset the emulator with the cheats turned off. But this isn't fool proof as Gent explained to me all those years ago. There are probably more complicated, but faster ways of editing bits, but for the sake of those not wanting to dwell there, simply rebooting your PC will do the trick.

If that doesn't help, try shutting down completely and waiting a few minutes before you reboot. Depending on the PC you have, or how old it is, sometimes power can remain fed into the RAM for some seconds after the supply was intended to end. This ensures that the remaining energy gets used in the form of heat to ensure that the RAM is cleared. Do not put your computer on hiberante, as that is counter productive to this process.