PDA

View Full Version : Zelda OOT Debug Version - No Cheats

GamerRob1
6th July 2010, 08:19 PM
I am unable to find any cheats anywhere. When I bring up the cheat window nothing is in there. But for some reason in the original ROM for OOT, there are a shitload of cheats. But im mainly trying to add a No Hud Code for Machinima Purposes.

Experiment #150
6th July 2010, 09:21 PM
The cheats come as people have added them to the game. As it seems you are playing the debug version, no one has added cheats to it.

HatCat
7th July 2010, 03:29 PM
Eh no one working for Mr. zilmar's super elite team that is.

Experiment #150
7th July 2010, 09:07 PM
Makes it sound like a super hero force, but yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

HatCat
7th July 2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah heh basically.

Actually Mr. squall and Gent (and in some attempt myself) worked to make some codes for the debug version; it's just that there's nothing in the public 1.6 CHT database.

Experiment #150
8th July 2010, 03:00 AM
I'm kinda wishing I had kept up on my programming, so I could help out, but I'm more of a marine Bio person. I did just a little Python. I was wondering, what is PJ 64 written in, C++?

HatCat
8th July 2010, 03:54 AM
Hey it's cool. In my experience, even if I try to keep up with my programming, I'll inevitably switch between my other interests. Besides, those other interests are the kinds of sources that develop my ideas and my inspiration for modeling them with programming anyway, so I wouldn't automatically want to get back to finishing learning a programming language before those.

Why, I do believe this emulator's origin was written in C, up until version 1.5? Since that point on, development continued using C++ code, but mastery of a language was never a necessity for beginning or contributing to even an emulator project. I've been told that the developer here knew only the basics of C to begin with.

The closest thing to Python I tried I think was GameMaker Language "GML", but I only read the documentation for the particular instructions doing what I wanted rather than the language itself--for a quick game I wanted to design.

Now if you want to help out with a project, it's not always so dependent on how accomplished you are at having learned the applied programming language. With an emulator, it's more about your ability to acquire knowledge or the knowledge you already have about the environment hardware and the target hardware. Maybe Mdkcheatz, who was thinking about ummm starting a similar project sometime near the future would have some naive tips for us.