PDA

View Full Version : Mappable Save State Buttons?

MichaelXX2
8th July 2010, 10:42 PM
The Beta looks great, and I'm not having any problems with it, but it would be very nice if the save state button could be mapped anywhere, the keyboard and on a controller. It's frustrating having to lean forward and mash the save state button on the keyboard on Project 64, while in ZSNES and Nestopia I can just hit the LB button. Is this possible to implement?

Emmett
8th July 2010, 11:42 PM
Hmmm good question, and I don't know the answer. However if the answer is that there's no way to do that, I would agree that that would be a very useful feature, especially for those of us who use wireless controllers and who stay 10 feet away from the computer. I try not to use too many save states though as I've heard that they can get corrupted

MichaelXX2
8th July 2010, 11:44 PM
Seems like a good plugin would be able to make such a thing possible. I can't find any, but I haven't dug around for it much.

HatCat
9th July 2010, 01:19 AM
In that case the plug-in would somehow have to employ hooking up with the emulator's shortcut mappings, and it would only be able to do so on an emulator-specific-based support. As a result, maybe it wouldn't be under the format plug-in that emulators like Project64 would read.

Then the best way is to design the feature internally within Project64. This hasn't been done yet, but it's been considered by development team.
one of the things I wanted tho which it does not have is when you could map the key to a controller button, not just a keyboard key. Like a key on the joy stick to be able to save/restore

specht
22nd July 2010, 02:07 PM
Not sure if it's possible as I haven't tested it myself. But wouldn't you be able to create a script in a program like GlovePIE to map some unused buttons on the 360 controller (which I assume you're using) to the load/save state keyboard shortcuts and run it while running Project64?

It's not built into the emulator, but it solves the problem until the input plugin can be implemented with such a thing.

FallenAngel
24th July 2010, 04:37 AM
The Beta looks great, and I'm not having any problems with it, but it would be very nice if the save state button could be mapped anywhere, the keyboard and on a controller. It's frustrating having to lean forward and mash the save state button on the keyboard on Project 64, while in ZSNES and Nestopia I can just hit the LB button. Is this possible to implement?

you can use xpadder to assign f5 to the joystick.

Its the only solution I have found. Would rather be able to do it in project64

Emmett
24th July 2010, 09:24 PM
you can use xpadder to assign f5 to the joystick.

Interesting. I just bought xpadder yesterday. Thanks for the tip!

Patel12
17th March 2015, 04:48 AM
Hmmm good question, and I don't know the answer. However if the answer is that there's no way to do that, I would agree that that would be a very useful feature, especially for those of us who use wireless controllers and who stay 10 feet away from the computer. I try not to use too many save states though as I've heard that they can get corrupted

HatCat
17th March 2015, 04:54 AM

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/customavatars/avatar22107_2.gif

retroben
18th March 2015, 06:24 PM
wat wut wot watt

Majora's Mask is the worst game to use savestates on because of the owl statue data causing it to easily corrupt your actual save.
I had this unsalvageable problem a few times and lost all of my progress. :(

Ambient_Malice
19th March 2015, 01:12 AM
wat wut wot watt

Majora's Mask is the worst game to use savestates on because of the owl statue data causing it to easily corrupt your actual save.
I had this unsalvageable problem a few times and lost all of my progress. :(

I was thinking the other day that perhaps there should be an option to disable save states, and they should be disabled by default. (But could be easily re-enabled in Advanced Settings or some such.) Because they cause a lot of problems.