PDA

View Full Version : Failed to allocate memory

eats7
13th July 2010, 03:27 AM
i remember having this problem a year ago and i somehow solved it, but i formatted and now i cant figure out for the life of me to fix it. can anyone help me out?

HatCat
13th July 2010, 03:47 AM
What build of the 1.7 betas you used?

Back when I had my system with Windows XP I frequently had that error even to end with, so it's been a known issue discussion in some 1.7 development.
Here are some general tips to reduce the occurrence of that issue in general.

http://www.pj64-emu.com/manual-and-guides/error-messages/%22failed-to-allocate-memory%22-application/#zAnswerList_63
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=829

eats7
13th July 2010, 04:19 AM
i'm on .49 and its switching back and forth between

"exception caught
File: /path/to/file/project 64 1.7/Source/main.cpp
Line: 257"

and the failed to allocate memory

HatCat
13th July 2010, 04:43 AM
So by that exception I perceive the issue happens on initializing emulation?

If none of those suggestions work, try build 47 of Project64 EXE.

I also would personally test from the 1.6 version (where the memory allocation failure did not happen) and gradually check upwards the 1.7 betas to see the first build where the error happens, since this information can come in handy for the how-to for developers so that it can be fixed.

squall_leonhart
13th July 2010, 05:16 AM
what software are you running alongside epsxe?

this allocate error was known to occur when KIS7 was used,

eats7
14th July 2010, 12:15 AM
i'm actually running this in wine, but i remember having this problem on windows 7, and i somehow fixed it. so theres no other programs running.

squall_leonhart
14th July 2010, 12:23 AM
oh >.> well in that case, support will end here because the minimal and recommended requirements are for a reason.

eats7
14th July 2010, 12:47 AM
oh >.> well in that case, support will end here because the minimal and recommended requirements are for a reason.

but i get the same problem on my dual boot windows 7. its not a problem with wine, other people have it working fine, and this main.cpp error keeps coming up. i actually got it to load majoras for a bit and then it crashed. its hit and miss, and i just wish someone here could look into it thats all.

squall_leonhart
14th July 2010, 02:12 AM
remove any memory resident virus scanners.

eats7
14th July 2010, 11:24 PM
i dont use any anti virus software, or msn, or msg plus, or any of that other crap lol. guess im just shit outta luck here.

squall_leonhart
14th July 2010, 11:30 PM
how much memory do you have?