PDA

View Full Version : VI/S FPS Question

GrizzlyTnT
18th July 2010, 04:30 AM
I got here the german Pokemon stadium 2 (in real to) i was download the rom cause i couldnt rip )=.... i was get a pack with pokemon stadium 2 in any language... the japanese one works with 60 VI/S and WAY faster and smoother like the otherones...

My one is with 50 VI/S that looks like slow motion and before i wasnt lucky with it to... did someone know ANY KICKASS way to make the german one in 60 VI/S so faster?

Grizzly TnT

Experiment #150
18th July 2010, 08:56 PM
1. German version could have problems.
2. Try using F4, to speed it up.
3. Change graphics plugin?
4. I'm not really sure, but something about an RSP? Maybe not. Squall and them could tell ya.

HatCat
18th July 2010, 09:39 PM
The second option yeah, if it turns the speed limiter on, being set in the 1.7 version to 60 VI/s. This is just an external overclock, though, and will have sound crackling and imprecise sped-up geometry in an attempt to simulate the normal speed of an NTSC game.

Third and fourth items won't really have an effect. I don't think the RSP has any influence on framerates, except as to how it's emulated.

Basically just don't use the PAL version [(E), (G) etc.] if you want NTSC framerates, but then that means this user might not get the game in German language.

GrizzlyTnT
19th July 2010, 03:18 AM
IF i dissable the frame limiter i got 1000 vi/s around...but that i dont whould have :D i whould save 60 =) where i get a German NTSC version o.o?

HatCat
19th July 2010, 03:48 AM
Well if you use a beta 1.7 version you might control the degree to which the speed limiter applies when it's on (I think the '+' and '-' keys on your number pad adjusting the speed limit). Still it's better to just use the NTSC version.

Ideally, there's no such thing as a German ROM that's also NTSC. For N64 games released in Europe are just naturally PAL.

What would be luck is if you could find an NTSC version (USA version or if the Japanese version had this) that had an in-game option to read the game in German language, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

Maybe there's some sort of translation patch out there that translates the text in an NTSC version to German, but I barely know anything about patches and can't help there.

GrizzlyTnT
19th July 2010, 05:37 AM
i got the 1.7 version... try it out with the +-

have try it out... got the 1.7 version
built name is 1.7.0.49

HatCat
19th July 2010, 05:08 PM
I can't presume what your keyboard's like, but on the full right of it would be a number pad with the '+' and '-' keys on it.

While a game is actively running, with the speed limiter turned on, this modifies the speed limit.

You can also modify the keyboard shortcuts (namely for doing this) through Options/Settings....

GrizzlyTnT
20th July 2010, 12:11 AM
have try it nearly 2 hours.... didnt work for me )=

HatCat
20th July 2010, 12:19 AM
Then you assigned the wrong shortcuts for nearly 2 hours. Anyway there is no way to actually get NTSC frame rates with the PAL/German version; just use an NTSC version.

hibaaryan
19th December 2014, 06:24 AM
Looks like 7z files don't work properly in the Rom Browser - they show the z64 extention and under "Rom Information" there's a question mark in the File Name box.