PDA

View Full Version : Joystick issue

Kregisen
5th August 2010, 10:08 PM
Hi guys, just registered on the forums. I've been using project 64 for a couple months now....it's awesome.

Anyway, I've noticed on several games (probably close to 5 different ones now) on some game menus where you can scroll up and down with the joystick, the game is automatically scrolling up on its on. So if I scroll down in the menu, it will automatically scroll back up.

This only happens on some games and at first I thought it was just the games, but it's starting to happen to a fair amount of them.

I'm using N-Rage's Direct Input8 V2...

I'm assuming this is an issue with the N-Rage, not Project 64, but I don't know.

Anyway, any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: oops just realized I'm in the wrong section. I'm using 1.6 not the 1.7 beta. SORRY!

Experiment #150
5th August 2010, 10:11 PM
For one thing, V2 is not it's version, after that is what counts. You probably need to calibrate your controller.

Kregisen
5th August 2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry, it's V2 1.80a.

I've calibrated the controllers over and over, it isn't fixing the issue.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Experiment #150
5th August 2010, 11:12 PM
1.80a?! Man, you're outdated. I dunno if this will fix your problem, it could be with your joystick too, crossed wires or something, but even if not, you still need to get N-Rage upgraded. http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1795&page=5
rswedlow was kind enough to give me a link to a newer version when I was having trouble with my version, 1.83. Not the same problem as you, it was just not working. It probably is your controller.

Experiment #150
5th August 2010, 11:13 PM
WAIT!!! I did have this problem before. It was a while ago, but I think there was another controller, in player 2's slot, that had been set down in such a way, that it was being pressed up.

Experiment #150
5th August 2010, 11:14 PM
Or something like that.

dsx_
5th August 2010, 11:33 PM
lol triple post

Kregisen
5th August 2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks I'll upgrade to that when I get home today.

It's definitely not the controllers - I've tried many different ones (all nintendo brand) and the joysticks aren't being touched.

Hopefully that upgrade will fix it....it's not a HUGE issue, but I can't really play mario tennis, mario golf, fifa 99, and I think a couple other games have been affected too.

Experiment #150
6th August 2010, 01:53 AM
lol triple post
Score times 3! New record!
it's not a HUGE issue, but I can...
It IS a huge issue. Anything that causes a game to be unplayable is a huge issue, except for Hey You Pikachu, that's pretty low on the list.

Experiment #150
6th August 2010, 01:57 AM
Goin' for a combo. You saw my post about the other controller and stuff? Do you have any controllers that could somehow affect this? I think the controller affecting me was a quitar hero-like thing for computer, my bro's, and it had been calibrated wrong or something, constantly going up; somehow that affected my gameplay in, say, Lego racers, constantly going up. It also affected other games not related to PJ 64. Do you have any other games that use that gamepad? Another emu, like, say, VBA? If it affects that too, it's not the plugin.

EDIT: I edited this for a spell check, combo lost :C

HatCat
6th August 2010, 02:12 AM
Doesn't beat Nappa's consecutive post record.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/3/6/633719713523883885-NappaHeyVegeta.jpg

OMG NAPPA SEARCH the forum before asking questions.

Um, on topic to the thread, I don't know what calibration stuff is, but I use a keyboard so um guess that would be a solution :/

Kregisen
6th August 2010, 08:54 AM
I downloaded 2.0 and it's working perfectly now!!!

Thanks so much nate!

Kregisen
6th August 2010, 10:47 AM
Oh hey guys new question......how do you go about with memory cards? If a game says "memory card not found" or whatever, what do you do? Are there files to download that act as memory cards?

Let me know, thanks!

HatCat
6th August 2010, 10:14 PM
Go to NRage settings under controller 1 options to set configuration for the "Controller Pak". Memory pak can be plugged in this way.

Experiment #150
7th August 2010, 12:39 AM
Oh, I could have helped you there, but I thought you were talking about a computer thing. You DID say card. Good thing rswedlow (your name reminds me of a swellow) understood ya. Good job swellow.

HatCat
7th August 2010, 01:45 AM
*blushes* http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9117/fatass.png
Hmm *looks up Swellow* that is yes a Swellow that actually is really a Ditto that used to be Chansey rubbing its egg cozily. :confused:

Yeah, "memory card" could mean just about anything in theory. The "memory pak" devices I've always had, except for the very first one, though, were called "Memory Card" (or Memory Card Plus).