PDA

View Full Version : My clock is very "fragile"

NosirrahK
13th August 2010, 12:30 PM
Does Project 64 emulate a clock?

I loaded my ROM of Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Forest/Crossing) and after hitting start, K.K. pops on the screen telling me my clock has stopped cos it is very "fragile" (you can tell the Japanese-to-English translation is not perfect).

I click "Set Time" and set the time to now, hit start and K.K. says that I can start the game. Next he fades away then reappears, this time he actually helps me start the game. He gives me an option box asking me if I'm ready for the train ride and I click "Yes!". Then he says "Oh W"... then he has a face of constipation and the game freezes, but I still hear the nostalgic music.

I hit "Ctrl+C" to bring up the cheats and most are time related, Like changing the month, day, hour, minute, and how time passes in game. I tried to use those, but it didn't work.

Is the game not compatable with the emulator overall? or is it the clock that's skrewing this up?

specht
13th August 2010, 01:00 PM
My first thought would be the clock screwing something like that up if it relies on the clock too heavily. There were similar problems with the clock not working in the GBA pokemon titles when played on emulators. Though I think that was due to a bad ROM dump.

Anyway, I don't know for sure since I've never tried that game on Project 64.

squall_leonhart
13th August 2010, 01:28 PM
My first thought would be the clock screwing something like that up if it relies on the clock too heavily. There were similar problems with the clock not working in the GBA pokemon titles when played on emulators. Though I think that was due to a bad ROM dump.

Anyway, I don't know for sure since I've never tried that game on Project 64.

it was never to do with bad dumps and always to do with idiots not configuring the emulators correctly.

specht
13th August 2010, 03:59 PM
it was never to do with bad dumps and always to do with idiots not configuring the emulators correctly.

Ahh, I see. I never really cared about the clock when playing those games on an emulator anyway so I didn't bother to look it up.

NosirrahK
19th August 2010, 06:25 AM
Nevermind to any more posts. I don't think it will work.

For whatever reason, Animal Forest works on PJ64 v1.5, but not v1.6+.

I don't get this, but I guess I'm sticking to the console for now.