PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Problems in Goldeneye

RchUncleSkeleton
8th November 2008, 05:00 AM
in multiplayer when selecting characters, the pictures are small and garbled up.

THIS IS USING DEFAULT SETTINGS FROM A FRESHLY INSTALLED COPY OF PJ64 with THE UPDATED RDB
NO 3RD Party Plugins were used!

here's a pic showing what I mean.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4811/007goldeneyeprobui2.png

squall_leonhart
8th November 2008, 11:09 AM
i've not seen that.

HatCat
8th November 2008, 05:37 PM
Bug in texture size calculation with Rice's plugin

Rice's Video Plugin does have an alternative algorithm but doesn't hands down improve the issue either. Smiff doesn't support third-party plugins as well, so for future reference you might consider rolling back to Project64's default graphics plugin Jabo's Direct3D8 when posting any other reports.

Methinks you should have the right to report issues with any plugin you want, but not everyone has the knowledge heh. Downside with rolling back is only Rice's plugin has the hack to get the Dam level sky going.

RchUncleSkeleton
9th November 2008, 01:54 AM
ummm I am using jabo's d3d plugin and have never used anything else...I don't have any extra plugins installed, just the ones that come with pj64. It's like this on 3 different systems that I have, I'm wondering if I have a bad rom maybe.

EDIT: okay I downloaded, roms from like 4 different sites and it still happens....I even tried installing a fresh copy on a different system with the same results. this has to be the d3d8 plugin 1.6, in 1.5.2 you can't see the whole first players character and half of the 2nd players pics are missing. I haven't tried another plugin yet. This might not have been noticed yet as a lot of people never use multiplayer on emulators, I have four different systems that this happens on, It can't be a coincidence.

Smiff_
9th November 2008, 09:19 AM
i've never seen that with jabo's either - your system must be missing some dx caps i think (video hardware limitation) - you don't provide your system specs so its hard to say...

HatCat
9th November 2008, 06:06 PM
Actually after I started myself up this morning I checked once again and saw this guy's issue...with every plugin except Glide64. Direct64 has the same issue with Jabo's D3D6 but attempted mapping clearly through a different method. The way this user is seeing the textures is technically correct it seems judging by the actual pixelmaps stored in TMEM, but whatever changed about my system since yesterday to drop the support to cover that I have no memory of. Direct3D Transformation Pipeline (Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6+) simulates the problem on Jabo's D3D6.

RchUncleSkeleton
10th November 2008, 03:02 AM
System 1: Custom Built Q6600 Quad Core, 4GB DDR2, XFX Geforce 8600 GT XXX, Windows XP Pro.

System 2: Custom Built AMD Athlon XP 1.4Ghz, 1GB DDR, MSI Geforce FX5200, Windows XP Pro.

System 3: Dell E1505, Intel Core Duo 1.83Ghz, 1GB DDR2, Intel Express 945G Graphics, Windows XP Pro.

System 4: HP DV2125NR, AMD Turion X2 1.6Ghz, 1GB DDR2, Nvidia Geforce Go 6150 Graphics, Windows XP Pro.

All Current Updates and Drivers.

If others are experiencing this please let the team know as this is a bug report.

Iconoclast did I read you post right? did you experience the same bug?

HatCat
10th November 2008, 03:03 AM
I do today; I wasn't yesterday.