PDA

View Full Version : Project64k has stopped working - Kaillera

noogies
13th September 2010, 12:06 AM
alright, so, I'm having a problem with Kaillera. I thought it might be because it wasn't compatible with w7, but here's what happened:

-video plugin is set to jabo direct 3d8
-I double click rom, and it plays
-pause rom, end emulation
-double click netplay and go into server
-start game, project 64 has stopped working
-open up p64k again, go to settings, video plugin is on 3d6 for some reason, and now no games will work because I get the same "p64k stopped working error" whenever I try to play

I don't know why this keeps happening. I even tried deleting 3d6 and 3d7, and it said the current graphics dll could not be used. :mad:

Experiment #150
13th September 2010, 02:25 AM
Wait, Kaillera? Isn't that the leaked version?

HatCat
13th September 2010, 02:56 AM
no lol Kaillera is an add-on

No matter what graphics plug-in you set to use, Jabo's Direct3D7 is forced to the emulator when using Project64k online.

squall_leonhart
13th September 2010, 04:38 AM
not with 64KVE.

Experiment #150
13th September 2010, 03:25 PM
no lol Kaillera is an add-on

No matter what graphics plug-in you set to use, Jabo's Direct3D7 is forced to the emulator when using Project64k online.

Ok, well it had sounded somewhat familiar.

HatCat
13th September 2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm yeah it's kind of popular. k hack this emu, Project64k now. just not 1.7 :D

If there was a Project64kkk5000ve I wouldn't use that either.

noogies
13th September 2010, 07:32 PM
lol, so... what's going on here? is there any way to fix this, or am I just shit out of luck?

HatCat
13th September 2010, 11:07 PM
I said what's going on.

noogies
14th September 2010, 06:57 PM
oh, my bad. what I meant to say was: how can I fix it? I understand that it's being forced to use 7, but, either way, it doesn't work. i've never actually experienced anything like this before. I was using Crossover on OSX about a week ago and I didn't get this problem, so I have no idea what to do at this point. Does this happen with most windows 7 users?

HatCat
14th September 2010, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure it does. The Direct3D7 plugin itself is incompatible with newer graphics cards. Basically you would need an older system to use Project64k online because of that particular plug-in.

If you can get around with Crossover or simulators then that will do, but I just don't use Project64k anymore. It's only useful if you want to play a bunch of random people you don't know on Kaillera, most of whom using Project64k.

dsx_
14th September 2010, 11:36 PM
ah so thats why i cant run 3d7 :P

HatCat
15th September 2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah heh Squall also said it had something to do with incompatibility with ZBuffer.

Also I just remembered, someone pointed this out to me earlier. Project64k doesn't force use of Jabo's Direct3D7; it just forces load of the file name of that plugin in the "Plugin" subdirectory. If you take Jabo's Direct3D8 and rename it to that file name of the D3D7 plugin then it should work, and you can use Project64k online.

noogies
15th September 2010, 07:40 PM
If you take Jabo's Direct3D8 and rename it to that file name of the D3D7 plugin then it should work, and you can use Project64k online.

That actually worked. Thanks a bunch!

HatCat
16th September 2010, 12:57 AM
I've got Mikey88 to thank for that tip. If it wasn't for him offering the NetPlay and the info I probably would never have known it.

I'm surprised it works though. Who would want to force which file names are loaded online but not actual plug-ins....