PDA

View Full Version : Site Upgraded

zilmar
4th October 2010, 04:17 AM
I upgraded parts of the site. Still more needs to be done in finish cleaning up, but if something is not working correctly reply to this thread.

If you have any suggestions as well.

squall_leonhart
4th October 2010, 06:13 AM
the logo background is supposed to be pink?

zilmar
4th October 2010, 07:08 AM
the logo background is supposed to be pink?

Yup ... well for alpha testers

Blue backgound - unregistered
Yellow - Registered Users
Green - Beta Testers
Red - Alpha testers

squall_leonhart
4th October 2010, 10:34 AM
ok makes sense :)

HatCat
5th October 2010, 01:25 AM
http://www.pj64-emu.com/
HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

On this PC I have to use IE7.

Color creativity is something I spend a lot of time on. As long as you do the same in your perspective you can't go wrong.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/rswedlo/mips_isa.gif

squall_leonhart
5th October 2010, 02:32 AM
"Welecome Squall_Leonhart"

ooopps, typo

HatCat
5th October 2010, 02:38 AM
Actually it's just a 403 Forbidden error now. The main site works at this instant in time, but when I log in to the main site no matter what credentials I enter I always get the 403 error.

HatCat
5th October 2010, 02:55 AM
Got it to work by logging off of this forum and leaving the "Remember Me" field checked on the main site login. Attachment.

Maybe I'm the only one here who's been getting all these login / cookie storage issues with this forum and the main site interchangeably because I'm one of the only users who changed the user name field.

zilmar
5th October 2010, 05:00 AM
Got it to work by logging off of this forum and leaving the "Remember Me" field checked on the main site login. Attachment.

Maybe I'm the only one here who's been getting all these login / cookie storage issues with this forum and the main site interchangeably because I'm one of the only users who changed the user name field.

if you clear your cookies are you able to reproduce at all ?

zilmar
5th October 2010, 07:39 AM
"Welecome Squall_Leonhart"

ooopps, typo

should be fixed

squall_leonhart
5th October 2010, 10:18 AM
sometimes theres a "You are not authorised to view this resource" when logging in on the site :\

zilmar
5th October 2010, 11:11 AM
sometimes theres a "You are not authorised to view this resource" when logging in on the site :\

Do you get this only when you login? is that from the login page, or the module in the top right hand corner.

squall_leonhart
5th October 2010, 11:28 AM
both, i believe its an issue with the expired cookies, as it doesn't occur if i delete the cookies first.

regarding the forum
Occasionally, though i have it set to stay logged in sometimes i will load up the forum again and not be logged in.

HatCat
5th October 2010, 08:22 PM
if you clear your cookies are you able to reproduce at all ?

To reproduce, I cleared the cookies by logging out of the main web site, which automatically logged me off of this forum board as well. I logged back on this forum and then the main web site--without "Remember Me" checked--and got the 403 Forbidden error page.

If I stay logged off off this forum board, I can log on to the main website with "Remember Me" checked. I have never been able to log on without that option checked.

should be fixed

If you're going to fix typos, there is a misspell of "forum" as "fourm" on the welcome page and "available" as "avaliable".
"Project64" is a proper noun, so "project64" is a misspell of "Project64". "eBay" is not a counterexample; it just uses camel notation to construct an artificial noun and hence is neither a proper noun nor a common noun as is a capitalized unofficial noun. If the word is artifically constructed, capitalization may not always make the first letter of that word uppercase, but you should retain consistency about capitalization. No hard feelings though--I've corrected grammar errors in my teachers' grammar books. :P Capitalization, on the other hand, pertains to spelling, actually, not grammar.

Speaking of consistency, in some of MIPS' official documentation on the main CPU instructions, they use "From" in their instruction names and "from" in other instantations of those instructions (or "Move From Coprocessor 1" in their instruction documentation while "Move from Coprocessor 1" in their alphabetical listing of all instructions). Prepositions shorter than five letters long are not capitalized in title case, so they got it right 50% of the time. OMG OFF-TOPIC1121!1

I'm more concerned about the large font size applied throughout the entire text on the welcome page. (See attached screen from before post.) If that's not a glitch it looks ugly imo; that font size is much more suitable for the "Welcome..." text than all of the informational, non-title text below it.

I used to frequently get that error message.

zilmar
7th October 2010, 02:21 AM

was thinking when you get this, has the page been loaded before hand, or was it pre loaded from a previous time you where browsing

HatCat
7th October 2010, 05:30 AM
GAH!!! You ruined my chance to do a 2X combo attack. I was going to say before time ran out, the issue with Remember Me is fixed, lets me log in whether or not I checked it.
Though it still cites the internal server error if I'm logged on to this forum--but not the main web site--then log on to the main web site.

The welcome text looks great now, much better than the 72-bazillion point-size font down across the whole page.

was thinking when you get this, has the page been loaded before hand, or was it pre loaded from a previous time you where browsing

As for that issue I'd always get that if I loaded it some time earlier in the day but came back to it. It wasn't in another tab of my browser iirc.

HatCat
7th October 2010, 05:32 AM
2http://wwwX COMBO ATTACK!!1@

squall_leonhart
7th October 2010, 07:27 AM
it only occurs if cookies exist fro the main site due to logging in previously.

7th October 2010, 04:03 PM
Seeing as I'm already registered

When I try to donate, the username is already chosen and therefore unable to donate and not help you guys.

Here's what I get when I try to do it:

http://a.yfrog.com/img834/8206/donate1.jpg
http://a.yfrog.com/img256/2594/donate2f.jpg

Any ideas how to fix this?

nicholash
7th October 2010, 06:59 PM
try going to
http://www.pj64-emu.com/site-membership/

Wiwwe
7th October 2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like adblock will block some non-wanted elements from the site (including Donate 20$ USD -button). This can be luckily edited via filters or disabling adblock temporary.

HatCat
7th October 2010, 07:53 PM
Yes, luckily, considering blockers waste more time than protect. I'd rather use adblock on an inclusive filter basis than an exclusive one, but that's only me since I go to the same or similar sites every time.

Because the log in with the main site and the forum is in sync there is no more issue with log in that I can find.

squall_leonhart
7th October 2010, 10:22 PM
um... lol.

HatCat
7th October 2010, 10:29 PM
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/Seibzehn/Seibsre/124377569681958ik.jpg

7th October 2010, 11:31 PM
ABP was what was messing up the page......

I do thank you for the help and have donated my 20 to help further this fun and exciting cause.

7th October 2010, 11:33 PM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9747/sfdsfdy.png

Now when I try to download the beta version I get this.....

WTH?

HatCat
7th October 2010, 11:42 PM
After I log in I roll the mouse over the "Downloads" menu and pick "Beta Downloads". Is that what you did?

8th October 2010, 12:11 AM
all is forgiven and have the beta section now.......

Yippie

HatCat
8th October 2010, 12:16 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/rswedlo/fatbuu.png

And welcome to the development support group.

8th October 2010, 12:24 AM
uh ohz

getting 500 internal service error on main site?

WTF?

NVM...decided to work now

EDIT: The site keeps refusing me to login or do any thing and then this came along

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2568/pj64.jpg

HatCat
8th October 2010, 01:04 AM
Yes it seems there is much branching code before the internal server error message.
If you're okay now then that's good, but it might happen again later. Thanks to Mr. zilmar it's all fixed for me, but if it happens to you again make note of what you did to receive that message.

Do you have any problems logging in to the site though?

If you see the pop-up ads like the one you took the picture of they were part of the survey compensation design done by Mr. zilmar. They used to appear for everyone, but for some reason they don't appear for me now. If you need a link to the public versions from that page I can just give you that link for you if that trouble happens, and the 1.6 public version is mirrored as a ZIP archive on the beta downloads page.

8th October 2010, 01:13 AM
For rite now at least the forum and the main site are working without any problems.....

To see what the problem was when the page wouldn't load, I tried it in IE8 and it said the 500 internal service error.

The spam survey thing I think just popped up for some randomn reason unknown to me.....

However, in the event that I get hit with the 500 error again, is there a way that I could contact someone to get some help?

HatCat
8th October 2010, 01:15 AM
Oh okay. To help verify I have IE8 as well, so if it happens again, let zilmar know. You may PM him or post in this thread.

If you find it happens on a consistent basis, that is, by clicking certain links or doing certain things on the web site to always get the 500 error, I can check it on IE8 over here, but only Mr. zilmar would know about the source.

zilmar
8th October 2010, 02:45 AM
Now when I try to download the beta version I get this.....

WTH?

How did you get to that page?

8th October 2010, 02:46 AM
One other thing not related to login and viewing problems......

Bug tracker redirects to personalized link page.....

still working on this part?

8th October 2010, 02:46 AM
I don't think I was logged in properly

zilmar
8th October 2010, 02:56 AM
Oh okay. To help verify I have IE8 as well, so if it happens again, let zilmar know. You may PM him or post in this thread.

If you find it happens on a consistent basis, that is, by clicking certain links or doing certain things on the web site to always get the 500 error, I can check it on IE8 over here, but only Mr. zilmar would know about the source.

I have been trying to replicate the issue and have not been able to. I know it is happening for you just not sure how to fix it.

zilmar
8th October 2010, 03:00 AM
One other thing not related to login and viewing problems......

Bug tracker redirects to personalized link page.....

still working on this part?

Bug tracker login is guest/guest only a small couple of people can update it.

I need to at somestage have a good go through of all the bugs and see what still applies/should be added.

zilmar
8th October 2010, 03:02 AM
If you see the pop-up ads like the one you took the picture of they were part of the survey compensation design done by Mr. zilmar. They used to appear for everyone, but for some reason they don't appear for me now.

If your loged in to the site it does not show.

HatCat
8th October 2010, 03:05 AM
Heh I see. The link though, that was weird yeah. The /support-us part of the URL was already unusual; the ItemID=5 after it was a complete mix.

zilmar
8th October 2010, 03:14 AM
Heh I see. The link though, that was weird yeah. The /support-us part of the URL was already unusual; the ItemID=5 after it was a complete mix.

At one stage it was valid .. it is just not anymore

HatCat
8th October 2010, 03:23 AM
Yeah, it sounded familiar. I positively remember the structure of the informational pages about the donations being changed overtime.

He said he got it when he was trying to download the beta version though.
um that doesn't sound good lol, I see no such link in the downloads page =D

nvm nvm nvm...
under public downloads, Binaries, click Project64 v1.7 beta

zilmar
8th October 2010, 03:54 AM
Yeah, it sounded familiar. I positively remember the structure of the informational pages about the donations being changed overtime.

He said he got it when he was trying to download the beta version though.
um that doesn't sound good lol, I see no such link in the downloads page =D

nvm nvm nvm...
under public downloads, Binaries, click Project64 v1.7 beta

Good point, removed

HatCat
8th October 2010, 04:09 AM
Man how could I have forgotten that link. In fact I could have sworn, years back I remembered considering to ask the suggestion of linking that to something else if you're logged in as a beta member. When the FAQ system changed, I'm sure I mentioned it was a broken link before.

Well it's set perfectly now.

One minor thing though, this isn't really noticeable just an observation.
I checked the HTML of the page when I'm not logged in, and the "Project64 1.7 beta" is linked to http://www.pj64-emu.com/support-us/5-how-can-i-get-project64-version-1.7-.html, which is broken. Of course, you can't click the link if you're not logged in, (Well, you can if you instantly have your mouse in the right position before the ad screen pops up.) so it's no issue.

zilmar
8th October 2010, 04:31 AM
that would be cause I did not clear the cache.

HatCat
8th October 2010, 04:50 AM
Oh, thought if logged in the panel for beta 1.7 in Binaries would be used as a link to the downloads. The donations system has been enunciated clearly already though, so that item wasn't necessary.

Just noticed that under the Project64 1.6 section of the Binaries page the two links have nonexistent targets. "updates section", "please consider making a donation"

Melchior
8th October 2010, 05:40 AM
Nice update Guys :) its nice to see things are still alive here
PJ64 is still the best! :)

HatCat
8th October 2010, 04:57 PM
And zilmar truthfully I haven't run into the 500 error again. I meant to say it was fixed when you fixed the "Remember Me" being not checked causing it and later with log on to the site when pre-logged in just on this forum.

I thought it's funny a 500 error would have something to do with login, but I haven't been able to reach that result again.

I have been trying to replicate the issue and have not been able to. I know it is happening for you just not sure how to fix it.

squall_leonhart
9th October 2010, 10:44 AM
Fourm (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/) - Find out what is going on/report issues

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HatCat
10th October 2010, 12:08 AM
Already reported. :p

zilmar
10th October 2010, 05:43 AM
Forum spelling fixed

wildgoosespeeder
13th October 2010, 05:10 PM
When I first saw the homepage has changed, I thought that Project64 1.7 went public and was free to download... :p

HatCat
13th October 2010, 07:00 PM
Well that's an interesting way to look at it. I suppose, chronologically, the yellow button would best be at the bottom instead of the top, because the idea of development support pertains to helping the future more than does the public versions 1.0 to 1.6.

14th October 2010, 05:28 AM
Probably needs to fixed me thinkxs.......

HatCat
14th October 2010, 04:46 PM
I guess Gent manages that thing. I remember him saying something about him accidentally resetting his new cheats base or the like.

eforslin
19th November 2010, 01:52 AM
Oh-man, I donated but cannot download. Was I supposed to have cookies enabled or something?

Hero
19th November 2010, 04:24 AM
Zilmar has to manually give you access to the beta download. He probably hasn't been on since you donated.

HatCat
20th November 2010, 09:41 PM
If you just donated then yes the inability is by the delay until Mr. zilmar creates the beta account, although it says your forum account was existent since September.

Daniel Loveless
26th November 2010, 02:26 AM
I am glad to see that you are still developing Pj64 It is the best N64 emulator out there. everything looks great keep up the good work :)

HatCat
26th November 2010, 06:57 PM
A hobby never dies, even when the fat lady sings. :cool:

...cause she's back there singing about some other crap like OMG idk if I can fork my money over to buy something with all this silence around me.

Have I seen you post here before...? I could have sworn I seen that username before.

Experiment #150
26th November 2010, 08:52 PM
I can't even find Loveless here on the members list.

HatCat
26th November 2010, 09:09 PM
I seen that user name somewhere before multiple times, thought for sure it was pj64-related.

And accounts whose post count measures are less than 3 are disabled from showing up on the members list.

Experiment #150
27th November 2010, 04:11 AM
Oh I see. How interesting.

HatCat
27th November 2010, 05:02 PM
That was one of the original settings when the template for the forum had been set. If the post count field is set to a number less than 3, the user has no user title on their profile, and their user name isn't rendered to the members list. If you really needed to though you could just plug in a bunch of values for u or partially fill in the user name query in a search.

Experiment #150
27th November 2010, 08:43 PM
Uhh, no I'll be fine

HatCat
27th November 2010, 09:36 PM
I said if you really needed to. :p (Note the "-ed" suffix.)
So you mean, "...No, I'd have been fine."

Although if I was so grammatically concerned about formal writing at the time I would have said, "If someone really needed to," but I wasn't thinking that carefully. Especially pointless on this forum...damn no one has respect for grammar.

Experiment #150
27th November 2010, 11:30 PM
Hmm.. I read it wrong :P Nope, we are grammar nazis ^_^ fun

HatCat
28th November 2010, 12:32 AM
Oh...well that's cool. I guess it is kind of fun though, but so is anything of use in knowledge.
Well based on my origin I'm not sure I'm anything of a Fascist/Nazi/etc. all that fancy stuff, but I sure do take a lot of things seriously. http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/mad2.gif

Yeah basically I think grammarians' study affects your contextual interpretation while reading, though some of the stuff is a little more arbitrary than that and relatively stylistic, like whether or not to capitalize certain prepositions in title-case phrases.

Experiment #150
28th November 2010, 12:48 AM
........yes.

HatCat
28th November 2010, 01:13 AM
Aww must you be so agreeing? But then again it is said that Gemini are agreeable in communications (*rubs egg* :/) or some such stuff, so it could be my fault.

Oh hell I just remembered this is the news forum....
Well I'm not the one reviving all these threads with O UR STILL WORKING or HAPPY BDAY or 20-char-or-less messages so w/e.

Experiment #150
28th November 2010, 03:57 AM
I thought I was an Aquarius? Or.... whatever?

HatCat
28th November 2010, 04:05 AM
Hm, well that's not what I meant, but, that's right actually. Your Moon sign is Aquarius.

Your "sign" (most popular kind of sign is Sun sign, month and day of your birth) is Pisces, but your Moon sign--basically your emotional inner self--is Aquarius.

The thing about Gemini was the part where I got carried away like hmm maybe it's my fault for being so agreeable.

Experiment #150
28th November 2010, 06:04 AM
eh... it's all to confusing for me (which is weird because I don't get confused much)

Donkey Kong
28th November 2010, 06:37 PM
Hm, well that's not what I meant, but, that's right actually. Your Moon sign is Aquarius.

Your "sign" (most popular kind of sign is Sun sign, month and day of your birth) is Pisces, but your Moon sign--basically your emotional inner self--is Aquarius.

The thing about Gemini was the part where I got carried away like hmm maybe it's my fault for being so agreeable.

what about my sign Libra

HatCat
28th November 2010, 06:38 PM
Physically, your Sun sign is the sign that was in orbit with the Sun when you were born.
Your Moon sign is what sign was in the moon's orbit.
Your Ascendant "Rising" sign was the one rising on eastern horizon of the sky at the time and place of your birth.

Astrologers believe:
Sun sign is your central ego that affects how you express your individual self.
Moon sign is your emotional inner self, reactant based on habit and worldly experiences.
Rising sign is your environmental temperament toward others, how you behave in company.

I don't know anybody's Ascendant/Rising sign, though, except my own, my mom's, and a small few friends who knew their time of birth as needed.

HatCat
28th November 2010, 06:45 PM
what about my sign Libra

Your Sun sign is Libra.
Libra is the cardinal (signs of initiative and action), air-element sign symbolized by the scales or a balance, for they are said to be proficient at weighing both sides of an issue for its pros and cons and having civil behavior, preferring peace and protecting others without an ambition for truth, in fear of the possibility of disappointing someone.

Your Moon sign is Gemini, the mutable (signs of adaptability, often easily bored or naive) air sign.
With this as your moon, you have a deep inner need for communication and changes to your environment.

Donkey Kong
28th November 2010, 06:47 PM
ha wow that is true quite good find rswedlow

HatCat
28th November 2010, 06:55 PM
Your polar opposite sign, Aries, by contrast is confrontational and ambitious, sometimes competitive and jealous, and, like all cardinal signs, often leaves unfinished work in its wakes.

If you're interested in this stuff, if you have your approximate time and city of birth I can find your Ascendant sign as well.

I forgot, trivia here: Some astrologers say that the Moon sign is more dominant in females than in males.

Of course none of this stuff is ever proven biologically. Psychology dismisses astrological profiling as perceptual bias, and the idea of planetary natural gravitational force affecting someone's personality during birth was totally wrong.
All I know is experimentally, it interests me.

Donkey Kong
28th November 2010, 07:20 PM
if you have your approximate time and city of birth

El Paso,TX And 8:30 (it Was Raining)

HatCat
28th November 2010, 07:33 PM
okie...going by the date of birth in your profile,
8:30 AM (please correct me if you were born 8:30 at night, not morning)
El Paso, TX, USA

That returns Scorpio.
Your psychological nature is bilious with aggressive impulses that spur the transformation of your being and of any situation you are involved in. You are constantly struggling to assert yourself. You cannot refrain from testing others with cutting remarks, not because you want to hurt them, but because you want to know them better through their reaction; life and the feeling of aliveness are experienced through rebellion and tension. Your aggressive attitude may equate with sly inquisition as often, you remain silent, introverted and secretive, mulling over turbulent thoughts in the depths of your mind, leaving others puzzled by your quite strange behaviour.

Donkey Kong
28th November 2010, 07:44 PM
okie...going by the date of birth in your profile,
8:30 AM (please correct me if you were born 8:30 at night, not morning)
El Paso, TX, USA

That returns Scorpio.

8:30 PM Good Sir

HatCat
28th November 2010, 07:52 PM
Date of Birth "1992.10.16" (Oct 16, '92)
Time of Birth "20:30" (8:30 PM)
City of Birth "El Paso (El Paso), Texas, United States"

That returns Gemini.
Your mobility is such that you are in every place where you are not expected. You spend lots of time asking questions and… answering them. Your curiosity and your quick-wittedness are insatiable. Your mind is in constant turmoil, hopping from one topic to another, solving problems, accumulating anecdotes and knowledge within a short range of time. Your mobility is mostly mental, it takes you afar and turns your daily life into a mosaic of intense and pleasant moments that are not necessarily related to each other: provided things are moving, your neurons are kept busy and you can meet with people, everything is fine!

With this Ascendant, you come across as nervous, expressive, lively, adaptable, with a good sense of humour, bubbling, playful, sociable, clever, whimsical, independent, intellectual, flexible, ingenious, fanciful, imaginative, charming, cerebral, and you are into everything. You may also be capricious, unfocused, quirky, superficial, indiscreet, opportunist, unmindful, selfish, sarcastic or mercurial.

Lightbeest
11th October 2011, 12:32 AM
I am a Scorpio.

HatCat
12th October 2011, 08:22 PM
......................Shit

How did I degrade one of Mr. zilmar's site news announcements to a lecture on ascendant sign astrology LMAO?

PatrickH
19th October 2011, 02:13 PM
I am a Scorpio.

Oh dear. *facepalm*

Lightbeest
19th October 2011, 07:35 PM
Oh dear. *facepalm*

You aren't, i would like it if you were....

HatCat
19th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Dear Facepalm,

I look forward to meeting you in our next meeting.

Sincerely,

I upgraded parts of the site. Still more needs to be done in finish cleaning up, but if something is not working correctly reply to this thread.

If you have any suggestions as well.

Randomly, the log in started glitching again by giving the not authorized to access this resource message. I think just go to some other page, and then go to the original one I was trying to go to, then it worked.

Lightbeest
23rd October 2011, 05:36 AM
I have had a problem logging in as well, i thought it was a tactic for me to consider donating, how peculiar

HatCat
25th October 2011, 02:30 AM
It always works logging into the forum, just not bookmarking a page in the beta or private sections of the site somewhere, then redirecting after logging in? Hell, I can't care to remember what I did.

Lightbeest
25th October 2011, 07:10 PM
I bookmarked the page after a failed search when I was still logged on, and it worked.

HatCat
27th October 2011, 01:32 AM
It's probably just my fault then lol

Well I'm using very beta version of FireFox 64-bit now, just haven't gotten around to testing that for this site.

Allagro
27th May 2012, 07:05 PM
Zilmar plz fix beta downloads :(

xun
31st May 2012, 01:47 PM
The beta-downloads page does not load. It just sits there loading until Internal Server Error 500 shows up.. What gives?

kode54
3rd March 2013, 06:40 PM
Beta downloads page loads, but the downloads themselves hang forever.

EDIT: Arse, the problem was solved by actually changing my password from the server-generated random password given to me upon registration.

Predator82
28th November 2013, 08:33 AM
Have no access to the mainpage only the forum works for me

Edit: Only when Im logged in happens this

Dazz
4th January 2015, 07:50 PM
I know this thread is quite old, but I've been trying to download PJ64. The download page displays, but clicking the download links never load/download.