PDA

View Full Version : New Download Update HERE for PJ64!

Mdkcheatz
11th November 2008, 05:57 PM
I have spent quite a few hours now compiling together more cheats for the PJ64 1.6 release. I don't know if it will work for the 1.7 releases. If it doesnt please do inform me. Not all the cheats are guaranteed to work. Different ROM versions act differently. Also I plan to update this every now and then with more and more codes. So far I have a pretty good list for both Goldeneye 64 and Super Mario 64, I have also Added some codes for Super Smash Bros. Pretty soon I want to focus on Castlevania: Dark Legacy upon request. but rather than holding back what I have accomplished now, I have decided to release the cheat database as it is so that you may give me feedback to whether or not I'm Just wasting me time...lol...

Just download this version I call version 1.0, being the start of .cht updates by me. Blow is a picture of some of the many new codes loaded and organized. It took a long time to do that but feel free to make suggestions...

[EDIT: the download is now available in the link below! ENJOY]

You may download the attached picture for a visual of part of the set up. I am not entirely sure if it works for the beta 1.7 version yet.....

Smiff_
11th November 2008, 09:13 PM
ok, thanks but please dont post the same message to more than one forum! ive deleted your other threads because this seems the most correct place (for support files for v1.6). thanks.

Mdkcheatz
13th November 2008, 06:04 PM
Np, sorry about the posts just wanted get the point across you should go and try it?

Smiff_
13th November 2008, 06:15 PM
can you attach here we're closing old forum soon...

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:32 AM
i cannot upload the file here, it exceeds the limit of 98kb, the file is about 250 and soon to be growing as i add to it... thx

Smiff_
14th November 2008, 09:48 AM
please try again now:

i've increased zip limit 10x up to 1MB.
added 7z (same limit - maybe should reduce zip to encourage 7z?)

added .cfg, .log
disabled .bmp, .jpe, .doc, .psd

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:56 AM
haha thx smiff! your great...

umm yea personally i think you should definitely reduce zip to encourage .7z. only because everyone should not have a problem managing the 7z archives because there is a free download for a portable (no_install) version of 7zip on portableapps.com it would help more everyone into a unified thought process of better compression...:)

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 10:02 AM
here i repost the image again... is bigger

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 05:16 PM
hi Mdkcheatz, yes i have looked at it but i must say i have noticed that you have done something i was very passionate to avoid and that is alienating users via regions.

In other words as nice as it is to have all these extra codes on the U region, The E and J users can not join in with the fun.

So my suggestion is quite simply this: try and make the same ones for support in the other regions and welcome to my world lol.

Also in reguards to structure, i suggest grouping as much as you can as example on Mario 64:

Play AsNES Fire Luigi
Play AsNES Fire Mario
Play AsNES Luigi
Play AsNES Mario

etc

And put a note on each one stating to only use 1 at a time or it will result in problems

You are perfectly right and that was something I haddened factored in, but nonetheless it can and should be done, or alternatively the E and J users can "get a hold of" the U version? most good sets come with all versions anyway...

If i were to get all regions i would redo it so that there would be three starting folders J E and U. But I'm not sure how that would work.

And from what I said above, I highly disagree that anybody is getting "alienated" as they can jus go out there way to get the appropriate ROM version if they desire to use the cheat codes...:D

Gent
14th November 2008, 05:24 PM
well thats where i see the problem :) i do not incourage people looking for roms because the support they have is bad. If we would have had that outlook with pj i doubt it wouldnt have gotton to the stage it is now.

In other words why settle for less? when you can have the best?

Thats the way i always worked you see? :)

So put that little more effort in for those poor users who do not have the only region you wish to support, and give them the PJ spirit by giving them just that little bit more.

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 08:47 PM
I know how im going to accomplish this.... I will work solely on the U (most common users) and then I will go back and make a completely different CHT file just E users and finally make yet another standalone CHT file for J users, that way I don't have to worry about painfully migrating all those codes i did fom before....

So good news for E and J users.... If I get a high enough demand in this thread, I may even go into E and/or J even soom before the majority* of U is complete...

*It is really impossible to to get all codes, there are thousands upon thousands, but only tens to hundreds appear visible (that's my main focus right now):cool:

HatCat
15th November 2008, 12:19 AM
But can you imagine--once you've created cheats for all those games--going back through every single game in outside regional versions to recreate those cheats? From my foolish experience: Synching the sidework to the same targets reduces future stress (especially in this case).

Mdkcheatz
15th November 2008, 02:31 AM
Personally I didnt want to, but Gent thought it would be best, and he doesn't think its a good idea to make separate one so i guess im going to be working on just one file...

Mdkcheatz
17th November 2008, 02:24 AM
Currently working on support for the beta cht releases... coming along great

pjfreak123
4th December 2008, 01:47 AM
how do you download the cheats

Mdkcheatz
4th December 2008, 02:54 AM
how do you download the cheats

I have 2 links to demo cht files in this thread (for version 1.6), don't bother with the first one, just get the second which shud be on the first page, if ur still having trouble, then feel free let me know if that works, alternatively if that doesn't satisfy you, then feel free to request for me to post them and I will... If I do not already have the code, I will try and obtain it (just keep in mind that some games are more limited to codes than others... I am very familiar with Goldeneye and Super Mario 64 so anything to do with those is most probably possible....

The whole file is currently in 1.7 AR/GC format and I cannot upload it to anybody except administration, sorry;). but it will be released along with the final Project 64 X.X .... :)

Like I said i am more than happy to post code requests though!!

At some point i want to make a list of codes currently added so that the members can vote on what should stay or go... obviously, as Gent planned, codes which enable health and unlockable cheats will remain no matter what the vote may be (those are the foundation for the CHT existance)....

Ask if you have problems, questions, comments, requests, etc.