PDA

View Full Version : I'm hoping I'm not beating a dead horse.

magmarock64
18th October 2010, 02:00 AM
Hello Zilmar, Mdkcheats advised me to make a post a message for you and anyone who interested in what I have found. Please forgive my lack of coding knowledge as I have triad coding before and found it almost masochistic, but all coders like yourself have my respect as such anyway I believe PJ64 as it is, is very close to competition, in my opinion fixing the following issues will result in PJ64 getting to the point were we no one will have to do anything more to it, because it will be finished.

Unique game plugin assignment or front end config
It’s no secret that games work better with different plugins, the two most commonly used are Jabo’s D3D and Glide64. An example of this is GoldenEye seems to work better with Jabo but Perfect Dark works better with glide64. 1964 might not have as good core as PJ nor as good sound plugin but it does have the feature to assign plugins to games; this is a vital feature especially for HD textures. If thease setting could be saved to a config file that remembers what games are set to use what plugin like a front end system, I personally would set it up that file and make that file available to any one who wants it.

‘Vertical interrupts’ and ‘frames per second’ optimization
A lot of people get confused about this so I’ll explain it. ‘Vertical interrupts’ is the emulatored NTSC or PAL picture signal and should be a consistent 60 or 50 Vi’s a second depending on whether you’re using PAL or NTSC. Now I’ll talk about ‘frames per second’ this is the actual game refresh rate and for optimum performance shouldn’t go below 30 but 60 is the best.

PJ64 has trouble (especially on multi core systems) optimizing this. A good example of how this all works is with the Perfect Dark glitch that causes that game to freeze usually when advancing from one level to another. I found a way to stop this from happening. If you change the EEPROM so the game can’t save to the cartridge and use the controller memory card instead, the game won’t freeze, however it will throttle the FPS’ but not the VI’s causing the game to not play as nicely however another interesting point is, that if you leave it and say, play on the Skeda ruins level and turn on IR scanner the VI’s will get throttled but the FPS won’t and this causes stuttering in the game. If PJ64 could force and sync both VI’s and FPS at 60 for NTCS and 50 for PAL, this would greatly improve performance on all game on all fronts.

I hope you find all this helpful, yours sincerely, Magmarock.

I was supposed to show this to Zilmar but it looks like he's already seen it.

squall_leonhart
18th October 2010, 03:12 AM
wtf is this redundant bs.

dsx_
18th October 2010, 08:02 AM
lololololol

magmarock64
18th October 2010, 09:50 AM

Take a look at the last line of text. I'm considering removing this "redundant" text for that very reason. I'm just see that all the sugegions I had have been used before I got a chance to post them.

weird.

HatCat
19th October 2010, 01:03 AM
Well they say, "Two great minds think alike," but, then again, "To be great is to be misunderstood."

magmarock64
19th October 2010, 01:48 AM
Well long story short. MDKcheats and I were talking on MSN and after lots and lots of testing I had a pretty good idea of small things that PJ64 needed in order to be a lot better. MDK asked me to write the sugestions down and post them. I wanted his opinion before posting them and he didn't speak to me again for a while, I guess he was busy.

Anyway here is what I wrote down it's way long over due but I am glade these issues have been addressed. I have already improved performance in Perfect Dark dramatically thanks to the changers made in this new emulator I just wish I could have spoken to Zilmar about it.

squall_leonhart
19th October 2010, 02:18 AM
8========================================>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HatCat
19th October 2010, 03:00 AM
I wonder if there's anyone on this planet Mdkcheatz hasn't added on MSN. That 14-year-old plumber guy from England he called over to his place to fix the water supply in his home might not have had time to stick around for Brandon to get his MSN.

The save type factor of the Perfect Dark stability is still very interesting, though. Some of this information is beyond even Mdkcheatz's scope of comprehensibility. Well at least I'm happy to answer questions if you have them about what still stands of what you formerly wanted to present to Mr. zilmar.

dsx_
19th October 2010, 08:22 AM
i like how you always call him Mr. zilmar xD

magmarock64
19th October 2010, 09:35 AM
WTF! is so funny

magmarock64
19th October 2010, 09:49 AM
I wonder if there's anyone on this planet Mdkcheatz hasn't added on MSN. That 14-year-old plumber guy from England he called over to his place to fix the water supply in his home might not have had time to stick around for Brandon to get his MSN.

The save type factor of the Perfect Dark stability is still very interesting, though. Some of this information is beyond even Mdkcheatz's scope of comprehensibility. Well at least I'm happy to answer questions if you have them about what still stands of what you formerly wanted to present to Mr. zilmar.

To get perfect dark running well don't use 16kbit Eeprom and set Vi's to 1600. It's a little fast but really helps against the lag almost putting on par with the XBLA version TAKE THAT Squall Lionhart what use are you :P Yeah I know nothing about MDKcheats he told me to write this and that he would send it to Zilmar and now I feel like a talking joke.

dsx_
19th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Mdkcheatz*
Leonhart*
V/Is*
EEPROM*

HatCat
19th October 2010, 09:26 PM
I've never played around with the VI refresh rate, but apparently it's come to be of use. So I guess by disabling the 16 Kb EEPROM save some data isn't loaded into RAM that causes the game to freeze?

Mdkcheatz "The difference between insanity and genius is success."
There is also the saying, "Never underestimate the power of stupid people," if you may in any way relate insanity and genius as both being part of a spectrum of mental degree. History shows the chances of success for both to be about equal. Besides, insanity is more like intuitive genius, which seems to be Brandon's thing. Actually insanity is just a qualitative observation, rather than a definition of the extent of intelligence, so um I guess it doesn't really have anything to do with genius or the lack thereof.

heh I don't know but at the same time there are several reasons I thought of "Mr. zilmar"

magmarock64
20th October 2010, 12:06 AM
What are you saying? That I'm crazy or MDKcheatz is?

magmarock64
20th October 2010, 12:09 AM
Mdkcheatz*
Leonhart*
V/Is*
EEPROM*

While you're busy correcting my spelling mistakes might I remind you that I'm the one who figured out how Perfect Dark was freezing and also figured out how to fix it.

HatCat
20th October 2010, 01:15 AM
Didn't really mean to say anyone was crazy, was just quoting one of his ancient philosophies.

There's more where that came from.
"Don't be silly; wrap your willy!"
"Don't be Zilly; wrap your Willy!"
"When in doubt, pull it out."

magmarock64
20th October 2010, 02:32 AM
Okay thanks. But still someone is being made fun of here and I want to know if it's me or MDK?

HatCat
20th October 2010, 02:35 AM
yes MDK

dsx_
20th October 2010, 08:09 AM
Okay thanks. But still someone is being made fun of here and I want to know if it's me or MDK?

what if it WAS you? :P

magmarock64
20th October 2010, 01:02 PM
what if it WAS you? :P

What if I sodomized you in the nostrils?
Do you think it would blow your mind? =P

Mdkcheatz
17th December 2010, 03:52 PM

http://www.designofsignage.com/application/symbol/hospital/image/600x600/arrow-down.jpg

8========================================>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note... Idk where the topic of this thread is supposed to be heading but God damn someone just answer the lad. The point of this forum is to expose thoughts and concerns openly so that multiple people do not ask the same question. Magmarock64 has mentioned some concerns which no longer seem to be an issue. End of story.

HatCat
17th December 2010, 07:19 PM
Damn bots bumping all these redundant threads.

magmarock64
17th December 2010, 08:30 PM
I was supposed to post it earlier and felt silly when they were already fixed O.o

HatCat
17th December 2010, 09:17 PM
Therefore, rubber glue, back to you (mdk).

Oh and if there is other stuff you want to mention that is fine.

Mdkcheatz
20th December 2010, 05:46 AM
sh!t happens

HatCat
21st December 2010, 02:02 AM
Your mom happens.

"Come eat yo eggs and baaacon! :)"
Of course that would be redundant. :confused:

Experiment #150
21st December 2010, 03:27 AM
as well as a bit cliche

HatCat
21st December 2010, 09:51 PM
Well blame him for linking me to the tune using it. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltM5jHIJFw4

Mdkcheatz
24th January 2011, 09:00 AM
I suppose you should blame me for linking you to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtYPMmWu5qA) as well...?

he likes his blue balls in his face, just like dan.

Natch
24th January 2011, 03:10 PM
McDonald's has its own flag?

HatCat
24th January 2011, 07:09 PM
30 seconds is enough of that shit.

Oh that's just great, I get done gossiping fictitious history in another thread behind a couple people's backs with an end reference to McDonald's, and then Brandon just happens to find some MCD link. wtf