PDA

View Full Version : does project 64 work with vista and acel aspire?

Morbid Angel
11th November 2008, 09:27 PM
Ok, so I have a laptop (Aspire 4720X) and it has windows vista. the graphics card is a Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I have two gigs of ram and a pentium dual core CPU T2370 @ 1.73 GHZ.

I didn't buy this for gaming and honestly I haven't been into gaming since the glory days of nintendo and sega (i'm 25) but I did own a N64 and miss a few of the games. Doing some google, i ran across the project 64 emulator. I used to emulate older systems (super NES, genesis) but not too familiar with anything else. I downloaded this and mario tennis and the game runs enough to play but not real well, there are some graphics missing and sometimes it is slow. At any rate, based on my computer specs is there anyway to use the project? is there certain options within the program I must check or uncheck? Extra plugins?

Like I said, this is just an off chance thing. It doesn't really matter if I can run as I didn't get this laptop for gaming needs but I figured if it does run and I can play some old memories, why not? At any rate, any help would be greatly appreciated. my email address is somethingwicked83@yahoo.com if someone would rather just email than reply here for some reason.

Again, thanks for your help.

wildgoosespeeder
11th November 2008, 10:57 PM
As far as I know Project64 v1.6 works just fine, but I don't know about the other versions...

HatCat
11th November 2008, 11:47 PM
You'd do curiously well with that Intel chip. There are no major Vista bugs, and you would want to try Project64 and change to Direct3D6 via:

Options > Settings...
Video: Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2

Should be fine otherwise...Mario Tennis has known issues. Known issues can sometimes be fixed by other plugins, but the ones bundled with Project64 I think are your best bet especially for your case.

ReplayTy13
12th November 2008, 01:56 AM
Definitely works best with Vista and XP, anything will work with that amount, I have half of that and the games works best with what I got, however, 1.7.0.49 has a sound problem right now, so the only thing you got is flawless gaming!

ls650_b
12th November 2008, 08:55 PM
Why not just try it and find out?

I run 1.6 without any hitches on my machine, a laptop running Vista Home Premium (SP1).