PDA

View Full Version : simple question. (i hope)

impaler9
14th November 2010, 06:30 PM
I was just wondering if jabo planned on using d3d9 on an upcoming video plug-in.

also, wanted to note that i would like to see if we could get gauntlet legends to work better, i have done software mode and it works visually, but it is very slow (due to no hardware acceleration of course). but if i do regular with the hardware accel, i sometimes have missing sprites, non-textured characters and enemies, its a whole mix of strange things.

i also hope i just didn't overlook another thread for these issues, but would appreciate any input from anyone here.

thanks.

squall_leonhart
14th November 2010, 07:34 PM
DirectX9 would impair the capabilities of the plugin.

HatCat
15th November 2010, 10:10 PM
also, wanted to note that i would like to see if we could get gauntlet legends to work better, i have done software mode and it works visually, but it is very slow (due to no hardware acceleration of course). but if i do regular with the hardware accel, i sometimes have missing sprites, non-textured characters and enemies, its a whole mix of strange things.

Yeah that happens too with RiceVideo with one of the lesser-stability screen update settings. The flickering in gauntlet legends is always when the magic points are being refilled until the player is recharged, and the missing GUI is solved by a rendering-to-texture support setting, which atm Jabo's plugin doesn't have.