PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut Keys

lockstockysoot
20th November 2010, 12:35 AM
Don't know if you're doing this yet:
shouldn't it be definite to include game shortcut keys? I was finding it a pain to have to ESC out of full screen, ending the game, loading the next.

This might help.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/evilution666/Dkeys.jpg?t=1290212795

Without this feature this is still the best damn emulator. Thank you guys so much for making it. sorry I couldn't explain the idea, I've got OCD.
Do hope you like it.

squall_leonhart
20th November 2010, 12:52 AM
F12

problem solved.

SeriousSam
20th November 2010, 04:40 AM
F12

problem solved.

Agreed. I have many of the function keys mapped to my controller via joy to key - lockstockysoot this method should work well for you too assuming you play with a controller of some sort(i play with a wireless xbox 360 controller). I can savestate, load/revertstate, enter and exit fullscreen mode, end emulation, scroll through and choose a new rom all without ever having to set the controller down.
Anyways the function keys, tab, enter, and the arrow keys are all you need to map for this.
If you try this yourself then i wish you Good Luck, lockstockysoot, it's not as complicated as it sounds though. :)

lockstockysoot
20th November 2010, 07:23 AM
I do play using one of my 64 controllers from when I was 8. something I do often is change my mind. not that I'm trying to solve some problem or other, I had just felt it would be cool to lean over, press 1, start playing south park (or other). like the bottle opener on pocket knives: not needed, but it makes life just that detail easier.

SeriousSam
20th November 2010, 08:08 AM
Okay I understand where you're coming from now. Personally i like to scroll through my games before settling on whatever im in the mood for. I dont think i would ever be able to remember which games i assigned to which buttons. :)
If you have a small selection of roms then it would be pretty cool. Also i liked that swiss army knife analogy.

HatCat
20th November 2010, 09:47 PM
Well, since I often semi sit up properly, reaching to F12 isn't a problem to me, but about this customization it reminds me of another thread here recently about a cross-emulator frontend called GameToaster.

Shortcut keys can also be changed within the beta version configuration.

SeriousSam
21st November 2010, 08:08 AM
Well, since I often semi sit up properly, reaching to F12 isn't a problem to me, but about this customization it reminds me of another thread here recently about a cross-emulator frontend called GameToaster.

Shortcut keys can also be changed within the beta version configuration.

Oh Yeah! I remember reading something about that a little while back. I didn't know you could assign shortcut keys in it though. I may have to try it later on just to see how it works.
lockstockysoot - maybe try it too and see what you think.

HatCat
21st November 2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah if you want to change shortcut keys within Project64, you can do this if you have a 1.7 beta.

In the beta UI, Options > Settings... (Ctrl+T)
In build 50's interface, on the left pane is a list of option groups including "Keyboard Shortcuts".
It was similar I think before build 50.

lockstockysoot
22nd November 2010, 06:23 AM
Ok, I found the key shortcuts, but it doesn't give the option to start a certain game.

This (the game shortcuts I mean) would help people who like to play on on their TV screens like I do: The TV I have is an LCD but it's too far for me to see the words to select a game; It's what started this idea.

also, I tried to find the game toaster emulator, but I couldn't. got a place to get it?

HatCat
22nd November 2010, 04:34 PM
Test version was released in this thread.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1970

SeriousSam
22nd November 2010, 04:34 PM
GameToaster is not an emulator it's a frontend that works with pj64. There's a link to download it somewhere here in the forums. I'll post a link as soon as I can find it. :)

SeriousSam
22nd November 2010, 04:36 PM
Test version was released in this thread.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1970

nevermind rswedlow decided to post at the exact same time as me again...
and he beat me to the link...

HatCat
22nd November 2010, 04:40 PM
LOL man I know it's happened before but, not like 5 times in a row.

Sometimes if two users post a reply at the exact same time, the order of the posts is different between the thread view and the post history view while replying, and the one whose post is before the other's in the thread can see it at the end after submitting the reply.

Well, you at least beat me in the race to reply to all these threads then sign off, cause you signed on what a surprise :D. I can't sign off till I get all the threads T_T.

SeriousSam
22nd November 2010, 04:50 PM
I can't sign off till I get all the threads T_T.

why not? it's not a competition man.

HatCat
22nd November 2010, 04:55 PM
Nah, I just make it one.

First if I sign off without replying to a reply (even if I come back later) it make me feel like I'm ignoring them. :(
Second, it's a little exercise, and for every exercise, there is a game. And for every game, there is a competition. Thus it has competition.

So heh, philosophically, it is a competition, but seriously, it's not. :confused:
XD

Hell it's just the fun half of business here.