PDA

View Full Version : Achevments

mikezelot
30th November 2010, 08:39 PM
there are new SNES and Game Boy emulaters on the iphones that have achevments on them. im not saying "hey lets xbox the 64" but it really brings some good replaybillity to the old games. im not really sure how they could make sure the achevment was placed from a rom but somehow they did it. would it be possible for project?

Experiment #150
30th November 2010, 09:00 PM
Interesting concept but beating the game is achievement enough.

HatCat
30th November 2010, 09:50 PM
You could probably do some NetPlay base where all the games you play on NetPlay for N64 target an online master save that was written to by everyone who played the game online, thus having high scores and stuff, if the game projects them.

mikezelot
17th December 2010, 06:25 PM
no i mean some fun achievements not just beating the game or not, cant really show that off to other people lol

maybe an achievement for beating the first bowser in 2.5 minutes
or
getting a badge on corneria 10 times

stuff like that

Experiment #150
17th December 2010, 07:30 PM
You started the game!!1! 12,000,000 points!

You finished Contra without the cheat!!!! 12 points!!!

......stupid achievements. :D However they do make the game a little more worth playing in the long run, thus many games have achievements of their own :D

HatCat
17th December 2010, 07:44 PM
no i mean some fun achievements not just beating the game or not,

That's what I said. Non-game-completion achievements where the game stores the info internally then project online.

cant really show that off to other people lol

I don't see how you could avoid doing so, unless you didn't want to, but whatever.

squall_leonhart
17th December 2010, 08:31 PM
Gtfo xbox gamer.

HatCat
17th December 2010, 09:23 PM
I am having massive lulz at these tingling poetics.

Eh anyway it kind of is Xbox-ing the N64 in a sense. Not to mention high scores are kind of the thing everyone has self-view on rather than paying attention to ranks other than their own. A lot of games implement the stuff like the highest amount of coins collected in Mario64. That was what I meant about projecting them online when it is already done in the game.

mikezelot
22nd December 2010, 06:15 PM
im not a xbox gamer i love the 64 i dont even own an xbox, but would be nice to add some replaybillity to some old games i have already beat. would be nice to go threw them again with out it being the same thing

Experiment #150
22nd December 2010, 06:17 PM
I threw my games once... I was punished.

But really, if you want it so bad, then make it; otherwise, it's a low point (if existent) on the list for now.

zilmar
22nd December 2010, 07:23 PM
a bit like cheats, you can work some information about the game ...

you would then need to up a sequence, like if these 5 memory address are = or > then a value then an achievment had been meet.

Maybe it could be something I could build .. it would be a modification of the cheat system

HatCat
22nd December 2010, 08:34 PM
Well it's easy to check the score. I guess I haven't thought about the interface for projecting the cheats though; it would have to be separate from the game cause otherwise a high scores system would be like a complete revision or something. Adding listeners for stuff like, idk, those Banjo-Tooie mini-games like that annoying Saucer of Peril ride (on the keyboard anyway), would be user-defined I guess.

bajitar
17th January 2011, 05:10 AM
Well, I have been wondering the same as well. It would be really great to play SNES as well as Game emulators on the iPhone. Nevertheless, taking this into consideration, the first Prince of Persia of Jordan Mechner has been made to play in the iPhone! You should check it out!

Natch
17th January 2011, 05:45 AM
no. http://www

HatCat
18th January 2011, 04:00 AM
I kind of knew that transition was going to happen. :rolleyes:

Nice feature and all, but I'm stuck on the cause.