PDA

View Full Version : beta is for members only msg - just started happening

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:44 AM
[EDIT sorry people, I have removed all this information in respect to the developers and fellow members, I only wish my idiosity will stop getting me in trouble]

Smiff_
14th November 2008, 09:56 AM
are you having problems with this error message?

please dont discuss workarounds for leak protection in the forum.. we'll probably move this thread later.

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 10:06 AM
oooooopse, umm yea i cannot use the pj64 beta no longer, i still get that crucial message... but nm, hopefully that is corrected with the next release.... I have taken the liberty to edit my own content, sorry about that :)

Smiff_
14th November 2008, 03:48 PM
sorry about this, i've notified zilmar there's obviously something wrong to cause several users to get excluded.. afaik most members are still running the beta fine though?

if anyone else has just started getting this message please add your names here.

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 03:51 PM
hey thx smiff!!

I hadnt realised that the error was even fixed, but its good to know i have support :D

mudlord
14th November 2008, 09:41 PM
please dont discuss workarounds for leak protection in the forum.. we'll probably move this thread later.

....there really should be a private beta forum. All this exposure is just giving idiots the chance to see what you people are doing. I honestly don't feel comfortable with posting bug reports because of this :(, even though I know I need to hound Jabo on some things, plus let zilmar know of my research efforts.....:(

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:48 PM
....there really should be a private beta forum.

Knowing vBulletin, they would have to create another directory which a separate forum. and even then Im wondering if it possible to exclude certain people.:rolleyes:

Mdkcheatz
14th November 2008, 09:52 PM
This suspense is killing me, my work on pj64 cheat database will be withheld until the members only msg is fixed on my part. i cant access the file to modify it appropriately because i so want to move onto v1.7

squall_leonhart
15th November 2008, 08:42 PM
Knowing vBulletin, they would have to create another directory which a separate forum. and even then Im wondering if it possible to exclude certain people.:rolleyes:

Exclusions can be set via Usergroup permissions,

Create Usergroup PJ64 Beta Tester
Set Staff and Tester Usergroup permissions View / Post to Board PJ64 Beta
Set all over members to not be able to view this board.

HatCat
15th November 2008, 08:53 PM
I know on another forum the admin excluded a certain user from using invisible mode.

Some boards actually do set a forum as private; others just add a password.

Mdkcheatz
15th November 2008, 08:55 PM
Exclusions can be set via Usergroup permissions,

Create Usergroup PJ64 Beta Tester
Set Staff and Tester Usergroup permissions View / Post to Board PJ64 Beta
Set all over members to not be able to view this board.

Then perhaps that shall be the case!! Ive noticed they are doing it for the "alpha testers" now... They are closing down the other beta forum so perhaps it is best that they do that so we may be able to speak freely about the bets release... But then again we should be able to do that in the alpha section now. But Zilmar or Smiff_ need to know who wants to be added to view the content...

Jag
20th November 2008, 07:05 AM
I also just started getting this message today.

I had a copy that worked fine that I had downloaded in mid-October, and I'd been using it out here in the desert (military deployment), but it kept getting "Break Point found at..." errors in Jet Force Gemini whenever I tried to go through the very first door in Goldwood.

I redownloaded PJ64 to see if that would fix the problem (it didn't), then found a different version of the ROM to see if that would fix it. However, whenever I go to load that or any ROM now, I get the "beta is for members only" message and the program seizes up completely.

I'm hoping to get this problem fixed quickly, as I don't get much chance to connect to the internet out here in... random country in SE Asia...

Thanks.

Smiff_
20th November 2008, 01:12 PM
really sorry about that Jag, it's most likely because of the way you're moving about that you triggered the protection.. zilmar will remove that for you and you should be running again soon :)

edit: ok problem is not what i thought.. have to wait and see what zilmar says sorry.

Mdkcheatz
20th November 2008, 08:19 PM
try what iconoclast suggested and change your email address, redownload it, i guess that should refresh your current location, but i havnt tried this myself yet so i cant really say...

HatCat
20th November 2008, 11:26 PM
I actually got that error myself when I rolled back to build like...who knows what. It was almost completely random...it could be highlighting this one game, and then I get that error with some two-char binary range for the error title.

I don't have any alternate addresses, but if you do you can switch to that one and then back to your current e-mail address to refresh some installation. A couple users have reported this to work, but it can still persist after that. The other major solution is to try an older build of Project64.exe: especially in this case.

You are trying to play Jet Force Gemini. For Windows Vista (which given a military situation you may have)...this game has confirmed recompiler and signal instability on the latest beta. You want to download build 47 from the main site.
Beta Downloads > View All Files > Project64 Binary > 1.7.0.49

Mystery
26th November 2008, 08:46 PM
To be honest we should not worry about any errors... the Pj64 1.7 beta and alpha releases are for testing purposes really... therefore the 1.6 version is good enough to use!!:D

mudlord
26th November 2008, 10:07 PM
therefore the 1.6 version is good enough to use!

Correct.

But if the protection affects beta testing..........they should be looked at. Using outside fixes is not wise since they miss things or do things not properly........

Jag
26th November 2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the help, I figured it might have something to do with my vastly changing IP's. But really, whetever works. It most likely wouldn't have been an issue until I got home and was connected to the internet constantly. As it is, the original account and all the playing I've been doing the past two years was on an older, XP computer (that I still have and use back home). I got this laptop (with Vista) for the trip out here to the desert as well as for general use back home, so I don't know if running PJ64 off both is what's affecting it.

I'm grabbing several older betas and the last stable version as I type, so I should find one that runs JFG well enough to play through. It seems to happen with a couple Rare games anyways. I get several app-crashing graphics errors in Diddy Kong Racing (usually in the intros for both Wizpig races and the ending movie), but they're not reliably repeatable, and I was able to work around them.

Did I say SE Asia? I meant SW Asia. Force of habit; I'm more used to going to Kadena which is in SE Asia, obviously.

mudlord
26th November 2008, 11:09 PM
As it is, the original account and all the playing I've been doing the past two years was on an older, XP computer (that I still have and use back home). I got this laptop (with Vista) for the trip out here to the desert as well as for general use back home, so I don't know if running PJ64 off both is what's affecting it.

Might be.

The protection algorithm gets your computer's name, and uses that. Thats how it determines if it is on a separate computer or not. Plus other factors.....

Sorry, can't say more. Sorta like under a NDA I guess.