PDA

View Full Version : Better graphics plugin capatabilities are needed!

OdnetNinja
13th January 2011, 06:26 AM
As we see on different emulators (i.e Corn), they have the ability to run very fast on the slowest of machines. Corn is obviously not a very good emulator, and has little support for popular games. But it's speeds on slow systems is EXCELLENT. Back when I had my outdated HP Laptop, I attempted to use Glide64 video plug-in because the default plug-in was not very good at all on v1.6. As I used it, i noticed it barely moved at all, with a maximum of 10 frames per second. On my new custom built PC which is much faster, it maxes out at very high speeds, but crashes all the time. Looking more into the plug-in with different tests on different computers, I found that the only logical answer was that the software could not properly handle the plug-in. The plug-in fixed many problems with extremely poor rendering like Pokemon Stadium 2 and Jet Force Gemini, but would crash all the time at use. I would love for a better default plug-in for the emulator. If impossible, at least make it so custom plug-ins can run properly. I don't mean to sound mean or rude in anyway, this is just my honest view.

dsx_
13th January 2011, 06:33 AM
crashes are caused by a number of factors, not necessarily fault of the software.

also yeah, project64 isn't the most system requirement friendly n64 emulator, but there aren't many sub 800MHz systems left these days.

squall_leonhart
13th January 2011, 07:07 AM
Custom plugins adhering to the Zilmar spec (which almost all are) work just fine with pj64(since pj64 = zilmar).

fix your pos computer.

welcome to the thread of shame.

HatCat
13th January 2011, 07:30 PM
Corn is originally fast because of its demonstration of the "static recompilation" theory, not to mention its compromise for support of games as you have seen.

OdnetNinja
14th January 2011, 02:22 AM
I'm not saying that is nescessarily only the fault of the software and/or the people who develop it or nothing, but my machine is a very fast machine. I can run Crisis on max settings and other games with similar graphic intensities. I can only imagine if I can run these massive games on max settings, I'd be able to run an emulator with an improved custom plug-in with no problems. Issues with the software seem to be the only ones that make sense.

squall_leonhart
14th January 2011, 02:41 AM
continue digging your hole.

dsx_
14th January 2011, 02:47 AM
i agree, project64 randomly started running shit on my netbook for no reason, even with a fresh install. there is a fault either in your hardware or in windows. learn to use computers.

squall_leonhart
14th January 2011, 03:35 AM
lol... netbook.

dsx_
14th January 2011, 03:39 AM
RTFM.

lol k.

OdnetNinja
14th January 2011, 03:55 AM
Like I said, I'm not looking to be mean or anything. I don't have a successful emulator that appeals to a mass community, but I can try to speak on that mass community's behalf.

squall_leonhart
14th January 2011, 06:23 AM
obviously you can't... because glide64 worksa justa fine.

HatCat
15th January 2011, 04:01 AM
That, and I have no idea what community you're referring to.

If an item is successful in environment A and unsuccessful on environment B, that doesn't mean it's the item's fault.