PDA

View Full Version : Texture Problem (normal game textures)

OGTiago
17th November 2008, 11:45 PM
I am using v1.6, the game is Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Some textures fade away as I get close to them.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Why can I see them far away but close up they disappear?

http://i36.tinypic.com/ve6kk0.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2r5dh5i.jpg

HatCat
18th November 2008, 03:43 AM
I've seen this type of glitch before...but not with this game. I tested around that area, but it seems constantly solid. Meaning if you were to make an instant save (F5) and upload that from Project64\Save\Legendof...(U).pj.zip to me (maybe using filesend.net) if I loaded it it might be there for me, but if you're interested we can check that. My guess is it's hardware-T&L-related; I'm using a GeForce 6150 LE. Options Configure Graphics Plugin should show which graphics card you use; if it's GeForce or Radeon you're good. There's also the rare possibility of a bad dump.

squall_leonhart
18th November 2008, 07:17 AM
Its a fault in the plugin, also occurs out in hyrule field on my FX 5900, the texture for the grass is placed over the top of the road texture for some reason.

edit
Wait, this is 1.6, oh well its definitely hardware related in that case. use the Direct3D6 plugin.

OGTiago
18th November 2008, 01:38 PM
I've seen this type of glitch before...but not with this game. I tested around that area, but it seems constantly solid. Meaning if you were to make an instant save (F5) and upload that from Project64\Save\Legendof...(U).pj.zip to me (maybe using filesend.net) if I loaded it it might be there for me, but if you're interested we can check that. My guess is it's hardware-T&L-related; I'm using a GeForce 6150 LE. Options Configure Graphics Plugin should show which graphics card you use; if it's GeForce or Radeon you're good. There's also the rare possibility of a bad dump.

Sure, if you wanna try that then here's the link:
http://files.filefront.com/THE+LEGEND+OF+ZELDApjzip/;12389395;/fileinfo.html

It could be my shitty laptop graphics card (I think it's integrated), but it's better than the card in my old PC, but this game ran perfectly on my old PC.

Edit: My graphics card is, Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

squall_leonhart
18th November 2008, 04:13 PM
Hmm, the 965 actually supports Dx9 shaders, however i don't know about its backwards compatibility for Dx8 shaders.

HatCat
19th November 2008, 12:23 AM
An Intel card might be the cause...again there's only two supported chipsets. It's certainly better than what I've gone by.

Just me I didn't see the road flicker; I've walked around off and on the road within a half decameter radius: It's constantly there. //However I did see some hardware T&L "transformation and lightning" glitches in the beta plugin where if you're in this exact position on the camera some house or wall is like 80% black.

Direct3D6 supports older cards [and drivers] so like squall said switch to that via Options Settings...from Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 to Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2.

OGTiago
19th November 2008, 12:12 PM
I changed it to Direct3D6 1.5.2 before, still gave me the same problem.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to put up with it.

HatCat
19th November 2008, 11:26 PM
You can also try going to intel.com to look for your driver brand. If you update your video drivers to a newer version I have seen that fix various rendering problems.