PDA

View Full Version : Cheat Creation

Gent
18th November 2008, 08:47 AM
I would like to invite any Beta Members who are interested in Cheat Creation to jump in and start creating codes for the 1.7 cheat support just like Mdkcheatz has.

This can be achieved by using 1.7's own cheat searcher, Emucheat or renegade64. Just reply in this thread to let us know you are interested and i will arrange a section that we can use and discuss the progress giving any help i can in forms of guides etc to assist you further etc.

Mdkcheatz
18th November 2008, 10:00 PM
actually Gent that's a great idea, especially if we want it to be permanent for the official 1.7 release... if anybody wants to start uploading AR/GC codes either pre-formatted or just directly post codes I will personally add them into the CHT file (we cant all add our own codes, merging all files into one will become hazardous), but Gent, if you cant arrange a section just for anybody wanting to help with getting the Database as complete as possible that would help alot. I recommend you make it only available to alpha testers though so that we may talk freely eithout worrying about unwanted ears (eyes) hearing/seeing what only beta members should be able to hear/see.

zilmar
19th November 2008, 01:07 AM
I would like to invite any Beta Members who are interested in Cheat Creation to jump in and start creating codes for the 1.7 cheat support just like Mdkcheatz has.

This can be achieved by using 1.7's own cheat searcher, Emucheat or renegade64. Just reply in this thread to let us know you are interested and i will arrange a section that we can use and discuss the progress giving any help i can in forms of guides etc to assist you further etc.

You want me to create another board .. and just to let any one have access to it, just beta users, or users that want access ?

Mdkcheatz
19th November 2008, 01:15 AM
You want me to create another board .. and just to let any one have access to it, just beta users, or users that want access ?

Not everyone will have access. But I'm not sure if Gent intent just for askers or all beta members, but personally I think it should be available to all beta members, but it CANNOT be available to everyone otherwise it ruins the point of discussion and makes the section unable to allow anyone helping to discuss in secrecy away from non beta member eyes. Does this make sense or should I just shut up, lol? :D

HatCat
19th November 2008, 01:25 AM
I'll join in on this. I wanted to learn to be more aware of my potential first...but I know I have the knowledge to grow it in of itself. I can't be worthless for this. I've got enough to see how that guy over at ET managed to write this levitation cheat for Mario 64...it's really only simple because of the internal debug details. I can also see that infinite health that for Mario was never really fixed...I know how to change that, but that's much easier than what I know I need to review on maybe.

Mdkcheatz
19th November 2008, 01:45 AM
you should probably PM Gent directly, but either way i that you know what ur doing and would be a great asset to this sub project i can make sure Gent includes you in all the inside info :rolleyes:

HatCat
19th November 2008, 02:21 AM
Far out :cool:

squall_leonhart
19th November 2008, 05:40 AM
I already made some cheats for the U version of MQ, however i don't have the patience to get the more difficult ones.

Gent
19th November 2008, 06:20 AM

Beta users Zil, that way every beta member can view the section out of interest if they are participating or not. Be good for them to be able to view the activity i think.

Also remember everyone: This is for cheats you have or are trying to make yourself not something you have just taken off a site and want in the database.

If you have bettered an existing code via modification then that is also fine.

We can all help and assist each other in the process.

squall_leonhart
19th November 2008, 04:16 PM
I believe the cheats i found for the upgradeable quest items (bomb bag,.. wallet etc) use a better naming scheme in my MQ U cheats, since the cheat used actually enables 2 items at a time, or work only in certain configs, the same goes for the MQ and OoT cheats on other regions, the cheats don't just enable 1 thing at a time :\

Mdkcheatz
19th November 2008, 09:03 PM
I believe the cheats i found for the upgradeable quest items (bomb bag,.. wallet etc) use a better naming scheme in my MQ U cheats, since the cheat used actually enables 2 items at a time, or work only in certain configs, the same goes for the MQ and OoT cheats on other regions, the cheats don't just enable 1 thing at a time :\

I had migrated your codes and fixed the formatting so that PJ64 will recognise them as codes... so the naming scheme should be similar to yours, I havn't changed it...

HatCat
23rd November 2008, 04:23 AM
[I tried creating a new thread but the vBulletin granny slapped me with the Thank you for posting! If you opted to post a poll, you may now do so! *redirects me to an unchanged forum*]

Maybe these are worth including in the database?

Always Full Health
8033B21E 0008

Lean Modifier
8033B3C0 00??
//00 0 degrees
//40 90 degrees
//80 180 degrees
//C0 270 degrees

The first was a memory search I did to correct the current cheat code that claimed infinite health but only immunized Mario from damage. The exception was to substances like lava or freezing water, so I couldn't hop around on my ass laughing it off for a living because Mario would die as usual. This is the true constantly updating health cheat.

I also tried to make a speed modifier cheat code. I tried twice creating compare base, run, return increased values, stop, return decreased values, over and over to single out two addresses that might change Mario's speed. One of them didn't work, but the other one was his angle of lean (which logically adjusts to higher speeds). So I thought that was cool. :S

the_randomizer
3rd December 2008, 02:09 AM
Making one's own cheats, huh? Now, suppose I wanted to create size-modifying cheats (for a main character or boss) in a game like, oh, Castlevania LOD, where would be the best place to start? Since PJ64 1.7 has a memory editor...

Darren
23rd August 2009, 02:27 PM
Hi id be very interested in using PJ64 to creat cheats, i curently use emucheat but i still have a problem trying to get 1.7 to work, i keep getting a error message about not beeing registered, and the beta forum/site never remembers my details so ive gone back to gud ol 1.6

HatCat
23rd August 2009, 10:38 PM
If you would like the registration security fixed / otherwise modified contact mud.

Jesus7Freak
23rd June 2011, 04:23 AM
I recommend Cheat Engine, it has a good memory scanner.

Also OllyDbg for more advance hacks

I created some C++ tools for working remotely with a process's memory @ jesus7freak.net

HatCat
24th June 2011, 07:54 PM

retroben
27th July 2013, 05:56 PM
I know this is not a place to make requests,but I want to find someone that can make the pointer code/code engine around the 801A0000-80200000 region in Banjo-Tooie so that the codes that I and maybe some codes that someone else found can find their way to always work no matter what.

Calling all coders with expert N64 pointer code and code engine experience to make these Banjo-Tooie codes work!

HatCat
28th July 2013, 01:34 PM
Didn't understand a damn word you said.

retroben
28th July 2013, 08:45 PM
I am trying to find someone that can create a special "master" code for Banjo-Tooie.

This "master" code is supposed to actually set up a pointer system for codes in the 80190000-80200000 range so that the codes IN that range can work anywhere and all the time after making the equivalent pointer-based gameshark code.

Pointer codes are a special type of code that automatically sets codes to their new address position whenever the address data itself changes its location.

You will understand this if you ever used them on cheat engine.

So when the exampled 801A9C72 address changes to 801C41C2,the pointer code automatically changes the pointed code to the proper address internally using an offset value.

The best example is the already existing pointer engine code for Banjo-Tooie that makes codes in the 80120000-80140000? range like Moon Jump work.

Although,the particular moon jump code does not fully work correctly,it only goes to the highest surface that you are next to,and then you start bouncing in place after you reach this height limit,unable to moon jump any higher.

HatCat
30th July 2013, 03:29 PM
Pointer codes are a special type of code that automatically sets codes to their new address position whenever the address data itself changes its location.

You will understand this if you ever used them on cheat engine.

Nah, I pretty much suck at cheats. In short of disassembling the code and doing a manual analysis of it I fail with hacking out a majority of codes. :D All I really know how to do for something like that in short of like I said reading the MIPS code is using the search engine built into Renegade/nemu64/Project64 1.7+.

And the search engine works well normally but is naturally going to be inflexible to pointer updates and redirection of segment targets.

So I don't know of a really easy way to do it, maybe using some of those rubber condoms the above poster guy would have kindly provided if his fat ass wasn't banned all the way up to the moon first.

This happened with SSB once.
Rather than fully look at the pointer table I just made a tree of conditional D codes in the GS to dynamically adjust the pointer based on the fighting world.

retroben
31st July 2013, 08:56 PM
Sadly,Banjo-Tooie works differently for pointer based codes.
Not only do they change address locations every time you enter a different area,they also just randomly change in the very same room you are already in.
You can easily trigger this change immediately by using a clockwork kazooie egg.

Warning(I'm serious!):If you easily get motion sickness,I advise you to only use the no frameskip code at "1 frames skipped" for Banjo-Kazooie because it looks really trippy compared to Banjo-Tooie.
Banjo Kazooie v1.0 (U)
Always Skip One Frame
802808DF 0001

Edit:I found the benny hill code for Banjo-Kazooie.