PDA

View Full Version : Is Pj64 fast enough?

zilmar
7th March 2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks to all the people who have added to the thread about what they would like to see in project64. There are a lot of good suggestions. One of the comments was that they had too much of a low end machine for pj64 to run well. I am setting up a poll to see how big a problem this is among our user base. Please post to the poll with your experience with pj64, or comment here (http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=324003).

Anonymous
1st February 2007, 01:46 PM
i enjoy pj64 for years now i think u should worry about other things such as lets say grafic wise

Anonymous
10th February 2007, 02:57 PM
I had a Fun time using Pj64! =D
It is the only N64 emulator that I can trust! (Virus wise)
I even bought a "Nyko Airflo" Game-pad Its has been great! I like that Pj64 already comes with lots of diferent plugins!!! The only thing I wish it had was another GOOD video plugin!!! Oh well It's the best Free N64 emulator around!!! I have had only a couple of issues with the speed of some games, but that is easilly fixed with a quick reboot of my computer! It only occasionaly happens at the end of a long day of constant play. Well anyway It's a great emulator and I can understand why some computers may not run N64 roms stabaly, I think that if it was meant to run on a $100 machine called the N64 consol, It should be an ordeal for a slow computer to get it running! Rofl!

Anonymous
5th May 2007, 02:21 PM
Runs a few games on my system (HP XG833 with Celeron II overclocked 782MHZ, Intel 810 Graphics, DX9) but I really wish it was faster so I could play more games.

Anonymous
4th June 2007, 09:46 PM
Hi i've been a good fan of PJ64 for years but i think more speed Would satisfy alot of users

Anonymous
23rd June 2007, 07:16 AM
I think it sucks, I run it but then it tells me it can't find the Direct3D but I have the most up-to-date one. Also, when I play Zelda OoT it is very slow and the fire is fake. Please help me find the best graphics for it i believe PJ 64 is the best emu out there though. >:(

Anonymous
16th July 2007, 08:30 PM
runs everything full speed on a P4 1.8, but i can't run some games with super sal like mario golf, zelda, goldeneye, conkers bad fur day. A slight speed up would be nice.

Anonymous
17th July 2007, 09:45 AM
This may sound stupid but where do I get the games :D

Anonymous
17th July 2007, 09:46 AM
I Just got it today and did not notice where the games were... neeeeeed heeelllppp :(

Anonymous
24th July 2007, 03:42 PM
the games are not included! you cant host ROMs online legally. it violates copyright laws, writing an emulator and hosting that however is not. I think the rules of the site say several times not to ask for ROMs. I would tell you were to get them but all i can tell you is "Google is a very good friend" "bit-torrent has many interesting files"

As for the actual subject here, perhaps a good idea would be to have it so that in options you can say "High Graphics" for those with fast systems already and speed is not an issue. and also a "Low Graphics" for people that want faster speeds and are prepared to sacrifice some graphics. And maybe a "Medium Graphics" - a sort of compromise between the two.

Anonymous
1st September 2007, 06:13 AM
no c como descargar los pinches juegos

Anonymous
8th September 2007, 12:21 AM
this game r very nice i wise i could play it everyday its very 3-D

Anonymous
18th December 2007, 11:07 AM
witsh graphic plugin is best to use with pj64 1.6

Anonymous
5th February 2008, 01:43 PM
It would be good if it was faster on older PC and in Zelda OOT the fire is gray.
When are you planning to come out with a MAC OS X version of Project 64 ;D

Anonymous
11th February 2008, 12:13 PM
I WANNA ADAPTOID waaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Anonymous
11th February 2008, 12:24 PM
stoopid microsoft stole rare then all rare's best games (banjo kazooie 3, perfect dark zero and conkers second game) only on xbox 360 and not pc. and we've been loyal windows users.

plus STOOPID MICROSOFT went and put directx 10 on vista only why don't they. I hate microsoft.

it's like microsoft don't like their best accomplishments like xp and keep us buying absolute trash like vista. it's got plenty of bugs and incompatibilities. hmmmmm... since vista is ONLY good for few games. would it be a good idea to use MICROSOFTS virtualpc (also stolen) and install vista (microsofts genuine poop) and play a few games???

mind you i don't think pc has hardware like xbox 360 another reason why i h8 microsoft. putting quality parts in xbox 360 and the pc isn't up to it's level!!! microsoft's a sell out.

Anonymous
10th April 2008, 12:39 PM
internet suport

Anonymous
12th April 2008, 06:08 AM
I realy like it so far but im not totaly sure how to host a game. I want to host super smash bros so my buddies can play against me. Could sum1 point me in the right direction on how to host a game?

Anonymous
20th July 2008, 09:31 AM
can some one help wen i play it it runs but the screen is red blue and black