PDA

View Full Version : screen rotation possible ?

richyrich888
21st November 2008, 06:30 AM
Hi, I am in the process of building a pc arcade cab, pacman cocktail / table style. the player sits at the narrower side of the table viewing the display "end on" if you like. This is great for "vertical games" like space invaders or galaxian etc. for horizontal games like outrun; mame,zinc and daphnee have a rotate screen 90 180 or 270 degrees option. I have used p64 and found it to be an excellent emu, I would like to put it on my cab (mainly so i can play ridge racer :) and mario cart !) would it be possible to include this as an option ?

-Rich

Mdkcheatz
21st November 2008, 03:58 PM
haha this probably won't help, but anyone who really wants screen rotation can just press Ctrl + Alt + (up or down or left or right) ... sry but thats not necessarily for you richyrich888, but for other people. Just wanted to bring that out there...:rolleyes:

Smiff_
21st November 2008, 04:31 PM
hmmm jabo might be able to do this, not sure if its worth it..

don't the nvidia tools support screen rotation? can it be done per-app ? might work!

of course, arcade emus support this because some arcade games are vertical, wheres console games never are.. i see why you'd want it though if your cab is permanently rotated.

richyrich888
22nd November 2008, 03:21 AM
Hi Smiff, thanks for your reply, I have uploaded a few photos so you can see where i'm at with the cab. am not using nvidia. machine is p4 3ghz ibm thinkcentre with ati radeon 9600xt card and 2g of ram. I think the option to rotate is available in the ATi CATALYST control centre, however i uninstalled the control center and installed "drivers only" after problems between it and the Daphnee emu. if the "rotate + keep aspect ratio correct" option can be introduced to p64 then it will be :):):) over here !

ps if I hadn't found this "suggestions for the next version" thread I would not have considered asking anyone to introduce anything into an emu for me, as i sure have no right too. I appreciate the hard work you guys do in creating something this special, just making batch files to launch emulators, joytokey , ultrastick 360 files (mappable joystick software) etc is enough to cause me hours of frustration .. keep me up late and make me late for work. (am my own boss, so can just about get away with it ! ) have just got zinc up and running tekken, raystorm etc at full speed from command line only ...what a nightmare ! - If your friend Jabo, that you mentioned, could make the rotate option available then tell him i'll happily send him some beer tokens for his efforts. -if not, then thanks for a great emu anyway.

- Rich.

richyrich888
21st December 2008, 12:02 PM
Hi guys, have managed to get there in the end ! used irotate to rotate screen, and powerstrip to create custom resolution enteries into registry. all starts nicley from batch file.

here is a link to a quick vid of it in action :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p768TJ1ZCZ8&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit2&feature=player_embedded

once again thanks for an excellent emu.

ps how do i donate to the project ? thought would send in some beer tokens anyway for all your hard work. -keep it up. all the best, -Rich.